Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand Simulation Tips

Hello there,
    I want to ask if there are improvements towards sand simulation after the requested tutorial in 2016. I tried to search for more info regarding sand, but wasn't able to find any beside that video.

Thank you in advance,
    Svetlin

Hey, after Phoenix 3.0 we focused on stabilizing and improving the fluid sim and rendering, so nothing on sand and grains since then. Depending on the context you need it for, tyFlow might be a great way for you to simulate sand - it's in a free beta currently. Can you share more info about your setup?

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Hi Svetlin,
      Thank you for your fast reply.
      I need to do similar set up to this:
      https://images.app.goo.gl/MpATciDufdzMJcXC6

My first problem is how to make the particles stand one on another. I cannot make a simple sand pile, basically.

If there is some workaround would be nice if not i will have to find another solution.

Thanks!

Comment

Oh yes, definitely go with tyFlow for this, it should be very quick to set up.

Collision response for the particle in a fluid simulation is handled by the same process that ensures fluidity, so you can ether have both and the particle mass could behave like mud, or you can turn both effects simultaneously like in the short video, but this won't allow sand to pile up.
        Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X