Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to add in file convert / downres functionality to the phoenix previewer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,

I can only see update 3.2 on https://download.chaosgroup.com/ - it's from April 2020.

Anyway, you gotta grab a latest stable nightly: https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...ble/stable_4.3

The changes to the AUR format are from September, so they were not in the official V-Ray - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/PHX4MAX/4.30.00 - check the bullets that mention "AUR" and that new AUR files will not be readable by older Phoenix versions - this also applies to the volume grid in the old V-Ray Next.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Gotcha. So some of the older convertors wont work with our vdbs, will we have any issues with the most recent phoenix being incompatible with an older vray next? I'm not sure if we can swap versions of renderer mid show though I'm sure the supe on it would love to!

Comment

Sounds exactly like the issues you are getting. Older V-Ray Next versions do not have the code yet for the newer AUR formats... Can you give the latest V-Ray Next stable nightly a shot just on one machine so that we are sure this is the issue? If it can load the caches, while older V-Rat next can not, then it's the AUR format, but otherwise there might be a different issue that might need a different solution...

Comment

Will check into this later today!

Comment

Hey

We have an update in the latest nightlies, the cache converter is now able to increase or decrease the grid resolution of caches:

cache_converter.exe -srcfile "PhoenixFDLiquid001_####.aur" -dstfile "PhoenixFDLiquid001_res_####.aur" -gridresscale=0.2

The new option -gridresscale will decrease the resolution if you use a value below 1.0, and will increase it when using a value above 1.0.

Note that increasing the resolution will simply scale the grid but will not add any extra detail.

Cheers!
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

This is really good news Georgi!

Comment

Can we plz have like default "drag and drop" behavior for a single .vdb ? Like you just drag .vdb over .exe and single .aur file is cooked right away ?

Also
                [WARNING] Destination is not set, please use -dstfile.
                when using -srcfile -=- defaulting to same folder plz Instead of error.
                Last edited by Paul Oblomov; 26-07-2022, 07:44 AM.
                I just can't seem to trust myself
                So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                ---------------------------------------------------------
                CG Artist

Comment

Sure, yes, will try to get it in the nightlies over the next few days.

Comment

Ping, you can try it in today's nightlies

Comment

Working...
                    X