Get rid of wave reflection off the boundary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get rid of wave reflection off the boundary

Any progress on this ? Too hard to create small region preview of settings, because looots of reflections.
    I just can't seem to trust myself
    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CG Artist

Yup, when you use forces together with ocean sims, currently the simulator can't tell what they are aupposed to do outside the grid, so the fluid changes behavior at the borders.
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

I can't really see it in the attached pic but the bottom has just the same color and now ocean mesh is not turned on,right?
      How does it look when you turn on ocean mesh mode and look through camera?
      In my case with the breaking wave turning to ocean mesh, it swallowed a lot of those boarder issues. It is smoothing it out somehow. Only when you also use meshsmooth options then artifacts will appear.
      With the breaking wave, i had to render out a second pass. There i disabled the smoothing options and that gave me an artifact free connection between grid and ocean in the background which i then comped in AE with a mask on the first pass to cover the artifacts.
      OLIKA
      www.olika.de

Comment

Well, do you see crossing weaves ? Like an X. It is when waves are reflecting off the boundary. About the color - yeah, looks like it is extended, but it's not

P.S. So, to get rid of reflection I have to limit map displacement ? So, it won't go off the grid right ? Force will settle water at the borders with zero. Or it won't work ?
        CG Artist

Comment

Ah ok sorry i was looking at that sharp border edges.
          OLIKA
          www.olika.de

Comment

Also, I have my lovely spots This I think will never be fixed. Never saw that in H.
            CG Artist

Comment

As always Paul, thank you for the helpful remark. Here is the page with info on how to report issues so we will have a better chance of reproducing them and fixing them: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/pages/vi...xitMobile=true

Comment

Thx! Glad I was helpful, but before, would be great to know it is a bug or just a way phx works.

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ater-artifacts
                CG Artist

Comment

I can't say until I make it happen here and study it.

Comment

Working...
                  X