Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button "Restore" at the Phoenix Toolbar -> this would be a big time saver

Hello,
    there is only one button I could use 500 times per day: RESTORE simulation. All other buttons are nice to have, but not as frequently needed.
    Because you can access the button only, when you again select the Simulator. And typically, when testing properties I never start from scratch, I let it run 20 frames and examine the changes.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	restore simulation.png
Views:	231
Size:	508 Bytes
ID:	1137524

Hello!

Yes, you’re right that the Restore button is currently available in the Simulation rollout, but it is not part of the Phoenix Toolbar. This is something we will look into further, and we appreciate the feedback!

In the meantime, another option would be to create a custom MAXScript button that functions as a Restore button in the toolbar. I have a MAXScript you can use to set this up!

All you need to do is paste the script into the MAXScript Listener, highlight it, and drag and drop it onto the toolbar to create a button for it. Then you can name it, and use it whenever you need to with a simple click. Here is the script:

objName = selection[1].name
    sim = getnodebyname objName
    select sim
    A_StartSim sim "" sliderTime

Once you’ve dragged this script to the toolbar and set up a button, just make sure you have selected a simulator first, then press the button, and the selected sim will restore from the last backup frame!

If you need an example, here is a video showing the steps for how you could set up a MAXScript button for enabling/disabling the GPU Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AudX7Mp9VOA

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any trouble with the script, or have any questions.

Comment

Working...
    X