Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial where it explains better how to create an overflow for a water feature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial where it explains better how to create an overflow for a water feature.

I'm struggling a lot to find a good tutorial where it explains better how to create an overflow for a water feature. I have a metal rectangular container, and I want it to be full with water, and for the water to overflow the edges.

Hey,

As in the real world - if you have more liquid than the volume of the container - the liquid will overflow.

If you fill the container with initial liquid fill - you can add an additional object inside of the container that will emit liquid - you can make it non-solid (and non-renderable so that it won't render) this way it won't interact with the rest of the fluid.

If you fill the container with a liquid source, just add more liquid and it should overflow.

Cheers!
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your response, and it is obvious, that I know. But I already put a box as the initial fill and it emits the liquid, but it doesn't doesn't overflow and fall.

Comment

Can you show us how it looks and the settings that you use?
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Where do I send you the file?

Comment

If it is small enough and there is nothing confidential - you can add it to a zip file and attach it here or use google drive/dropbox or somthing similar and paste the link.

If it is confidential, please send if over though the support form here - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/r...#regular-login

Thanks!
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

Just sent it, thank you!

Comment

Hi,

Just want to update the case here. We received the scene file in the support and made some optimizations and changes to the original scene setup in order to achieve the overflow water effect. Basically, the new setup is with an object using Initial fill up, plus a surface on the bottom of the container that emits liquid.
                Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X