Volumetric Render Settings Window Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volumetric Render Settings Window Size

Could we please have the Volumetric Render Settings Window size and rollout settings be sticky in a session?
    Thanks
    Andy

Hey, just what I was thinking a couple days ago. Will give it a try together with some other changes, hopefully this week...
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Ah, I was thinking about making the window stay open even after you deselect the simulator.

However, do you mean you want the size and position to be the same when you open the windows, as when it was last closed?

Comment

Having the window stay open after deselection, I like that too. Now I'm having to expand the rollouts and resize the window each time the plugin is selected. If the window stays open with multiple phoenix objects in the scene, that could be tricky. Having one Volumetric Render Settings Window that would then fill in the settings from the last selected phoenix object might work. That sounds like a lot of work. Maybe QT can solve.

Comment

Having one window be filled with the latest settings sounds great - I will try this too. I am in the process of experimenting with ideas for floating Phoenix GUI, so any ideas or considerations are much welcome!

Comment

Hey, so in today's nightlies there is a Pin button for the Volumetric options.

By default the windows will always be pinned, but I added a Preferences option that allows you to return to the old behavior.

I just saw what you mean in the original post though - when the window is closed, opening it does not restore the old size. There is code for that though, so it probably broke at some point - the window should remember its position, its size and its open rollouts. Seems like the position and the open rollouts work, but the size does not... Will ping you when I know more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pin volumetric settings.png
Views:	95
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	1157037

Comment

Yesss, it should remember its size in tomorrow's nightlies

Comment

I just saw the pin, works as expected. Thanks
                Andy