VrayDisplaceMod Warning Needs Don't Show Again Checkbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayDisplaceMod Warning Needs Don't Show Again Checkbox

The warning that popups up asking if I want Phoenix to adjust the settings for VRayDisplacementMod really needs a Don't Show This Again. Check box. I am (ab)using a PhoenixOceanTex for another purpose with displacement (not water), and it keeps popping up asking me if I want to adjust the settings, which I don't.

Pretty please!

Thanks.

Hey,

Can you tell us a bit more, when does the pop-up shows again after you have added the Phoenix texture to the displacement slot?

What are the steps to trigger it to show more than once?

Thanks!
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Oh, sorry. I had assumed it was simply triggered by adding the displacement and choosing No when asked if I wanted to let Phoenix change the settings.

I get the dialog box every time I start a IPR render in the VFB, and I think every time I select the displacement modifier.

I do have the modifier instanced over multiple objects.

I’ll see if I can figure out more details.

Comment

Thanks for the info - I can't break it for now, maybe there is something more specific to your setup. Is it possible to send us the scene for it?

Also which version of V-Ray are you using?

Cheers!
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Try the attached scene. Load into Max (2023) and open the VFB, then click the render icon (IPR Render) on the VFB. I get the warning then. Note that sometimes it pops UNDER the VFB, messing up focus and making it hard to regain control of Max without killing it.

VRay and PHX are both the nightlies from Apr 18.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Joelaff; 04-05-2023, 07:43 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Thanks a lot for the scene! Reproduced it!

Looks like the warning is triggered each time when starting IPR and if you have different settings than what the Ocean texture suggests you to use.

Logging it in the system and will update the thread once we have a fix.
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

Yes, that is what I am seeing.

It’s generally a great feature, until you want to use the ocean texture in some other way.

Thanks.

Comment

Oh, I know what the problem is. Will fix it ASAP.
                Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Alrighty, in tomorrow's nightlies the message would not show up when cloning the geometries that held a VRayDisplacementMod with an Ocean Texture, and also would not show in IPR at all. Need to think of a better solution, but until then, will leave this one.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks.

In an ideal world the message would show up when first connecting the ocean tex. But it would be nice for the user to have a way to apply the settings afterwards if they accidentally hit no.

Most people will of course want the settings automatically adjusted. I am just an outlier using the ocean Tex for a cheap wind effect that works the same between Max and standalone. (except not quite )

Comment

Oh yes, this is the idea. If you see the message for the same texture (and the same displacement mod) more than once, it's a bug.

Comment

Working...
                      X