User-editable Output Path Variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User-editable Output Path Variables

It would be great if the directory structure/output path for the default $(implicit) variable could be modified in an .ini file.

It would also be cool if you could define your own static path variables in the same file.

hi,
    what is the idea behind this?

regards,
    ivo

Comment

Well, for starters, I like knowing where things like cache files are being dumped by default, and unfortunately I have yet to be able to locate the directory $(implicit) points to when working in an unsaved max file. Secondly, I would like to be able to set the default directory for this so I don't have to set it manually every time I want to do a quick test (or deal with it throwing a bunch of files in places I don't want them).

Also, allowing for your own variables could be useful for quickly building long paths (if you have a common folder structure for each project and want to be able to fill in large chunks of the path quickly and automatically, for example), as well as setting up global temp directories, etc.

Comment

ok, i got it. about where is the current implicit path, when you open the browse dialog the starting directory shows this.

Comment

Working...
        X