Displace ocean before sim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displace ocean before sim

Wish that I could set up serious swells in the ship/ocean before the simulation. This would allow the ship to crash into larger (30 foot+) waves and the results be seamless with the ocean outside the container.
    Otherwise, I sim using the normal setup and try to increase the oceantex "control by wind speed" from 10 ft to 50 ft, trying to look like stormy action, but there is no interaction with the curved ship hull at the proper water surface height. Instead the water pulls gaps sideways away from the hull with the increase in displacement.
    Will waveforce work with moving ocean container? Last time I tried it didn't work... Or is this already possible and I am missing something?
    Thanks as always.
    Last edited by rporter8555; 08-06-2018, 06:39 PM.

I just found Adam Trower amazing work on the Waveforce method on vimeo. This may already be solved.

Comment

Hey,

Also check the displacement fade options in the docs - if you use the ship as a fade volume, this would suppress the displacement near the ship's geometry and you won't get the foam and the ocean waves displaced away from it at render time

Cheers!
      Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
      X