X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB and denoiser improvements

VFB panorama Viewer

Integrated viewer for your spherical panoramas. In the VFB menu View / Panorama View

Proportion Guides Layer to help with scene composition in VFB

A new layer type in the VFB providing user customizable overlay lines for easier image compositions. Create layer / Composition Guides

Add albedo RE for AI denoising

New private RE to improve denoising quality. Helps preserving more details in the image, especially in metallic/reflective shaders.

Batch image processing in VFB2; Option to process exr files

The next logical step for the BIP tool. Needs polishing for sure.

Flip button in the VFB

Shortcuts (M) and (Shift+M).
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Originally posted by matanov View Post

Batch image processing in VFB2; Option to process exr files

The next logical step for the BIP tool. Needs polishing for sure.
    I misread this and though it could output EXR files from VRIMG files. I was frantically looking for this option. So this would be a nice addition to save to different formats as well.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Yes, it could be nice if it could batch process VRIMG files too.
      AMD TR 7980X, 256GB DDR5, GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, Win 10 Pro
      ---------------------------
      2D | 3D | web | video
      jiri.matys@gmail.com
      ---------------------------
      https://gumroad.com/jirimatys
      https://www.artstation.com/jiri_matys
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAv...Rq9X_wxwPX-0tg
      https://www.instagram.com/jiri.matys_cgi/
      https://www.behance.net/Jiri_Matys
      https://cz.linkedin.com/in/jiří-matys-195a41a0

Comment

Haven't checked yet but could the panorama viewer work with sequences? We are rendering a lot of latlong animations at the moment.
        Maxscript made easy....
        davewortley.wordpress.com
        Follow me here:
        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

We only show the current image in the VFB as a spherical image; the VFB can’t play animations. The Cloud preview tool here can do that:
          https://docs.chaos.com/display/VCLOU...onePreviewTool

but I think it requires a video file (i.e. it won’t work with just a sequence of images). It is on the “to do” list for Chaos Player to add playback of spherical sequences, but it’s not implememted yet.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Does it prioritize rendering the buckets in the current view angle of the panorama?
            Maxscript made easy....
            Follow me here:
            facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Looks like no... Could also do a new bucket ordering method where it concentrates on the horizon line to top third to bottom third first then does top and bottom.

and whilst I think of it, does VRay do anything clever with doing less samples in the polar zones so when wrapped you don't end up with effectively over-sampled areas from the distortion of the image?
              Maxscript made easy....
              Follow me here:
              facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
                Looks like no... Could also do a new bucket ordering method where it concentrates on the horizon line to top third to bottom third first then does top and bottom.
                Yes, it seems like a good idea to focus on what's visible; will think about it.

and whilst I think of it, does VRay do anything clever with doing less samples in the polar zones so when wrapped you don't end up with effectively over-sampled areas from the distortion of the image?
                No, not right now.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

We've been running a LOT of lat-long high resolution animations, I hate to think how much over-sampling has been happening across the polar regions which could have been quicker!
                  Maxscript made easy....
                  Follow me here:
                  facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

Comment

Also, if you switch into the panorama viewer and you haven't rendered from a spherical view maybe it should prompt? Or in the render settings maybe it should be more obvious which mode to switch to?
                    If I set to Spherical Panorama it's hov 45 and vov is 400 for some reason.... could be a nicer user experience.
                    Maxscript made easy....
                    Follow me here:
                    facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

Comment

All good points - will think about them.

Best regrads,
                      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
                        We've been running a LOT of lat-long high resolution animations, I hate to think how much over-sampling has been happening across the polar regions which could have been quicker!
                        This would be a tremendous help for us as well .

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

Add albedo RE for AI denoising

New private RE to improve denoising quality. Helps preserving more details in the image, especially in metallic/reflective shaders.
                          Does this work with all denoising engines (Nvidia, Intel and the Vray one)?
                          Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                          AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post

Does this work with all denoising engines (Nvidia, Intel and the Vray one)?
                            It's for the AI denoisers (Nvidia/Intel). The V-Ray one already has the necessary info.
                            If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                            Chaos

Comment

I was hoping we would be able to batch process an animation with Optix new temporal denoising mode. This would be super handy.
                              Right now there is no other way to denoise animations flickerfree other than Vray denoiser standalone tool right?

Comment

Working...
                              X