X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave_Wortley
    replied
    We've been running a LOT of lat-long high resolution animations, I hate to think how much over-sampling has been happening across the polar regions which could have been quicker!

Leave a comment:

• vlado
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
    Looks like no... Could also do a new bucket ordering method where it concentrates on the horizon line to top third to bottom third first then does top and bottom.
    Yes, it seems like a good idea to focus on what's visible; will think about it.

and whilst I think of it, does VRay do anything clever with doing less samples in the polar zones so when wrapped you don't end up with effectively over-sampled areas from the distortion of the image?
    No, not right now.

Best regards,
    Vlado

Leave a comment:

• Dave_Wortley
    replied
    Looks like no... Could also do a new bucket ordering method where it concentrates on the horizon line to top third to bottom third first then does top and bottom.

and whilst I think of it, does VRay do anything clever with doing less samples in the polar zones so when wrapped you don't end up with effectively over-sampled areas from the distortion of the image?

Leave a comment:

• Dave_Wortley
    replied
    Does it prioritize rendering the buckets in the current view angle of the panorama?

Leave a comment:

• vlado
    replied
    We only show the current image in the VFB as a spherical image; the VFB can’t play animations. The Cloud preview tool here can do that:
    https://docs.chaos.com/display/VCLOU...onePreviewTool

but I think it requires a video file (i.e. it won’t work with just a sequence of images). It is on the “to do” list for Chaos Player to add playback of spherical sequences, but it’s not implememted yet.

Best regards,
    Vlado

Leave a comment:

• Dave_Wortley
    replied
    Haven't checked yet but could the panorama viewer work with sequences? We are rendering a lot of latlong animations at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Jiri.Matys
    replied
    Yes, it could be nice if it could batch process VRIMG files too.

Leave a comment:

• Vizioen
    replied
    Originally posted by matanov View Post

Batch image processing in VFB2; Option to process exr files

The next logical step for the BIP tool. Needs polishing for sure.
    I misread this and though it could output EXR files from VRIMG files. I was frantically looking for this option. So this would be a nice addition to save to different formats as well.

Leave a comment:

• matanov
    started a topic VFB and denoiser improvements

VFB and denoiser improvements

VFB panorama Viewer

Integrated viewer for your spherical panoramas. In the VFB menu View / Panorama View

Proportion Guides Layer to help with scene composition in VFB

A new layer type in the VFB providing user customizable overlay lines for easier image compositions. Create layer / Composition Guides

Add albedo RE for AI denoising

New private RE to improve denoising quality. Helps preserving more details in the image, especially in metallic/reflective shaders.

Batch image processing in VFB2; Option to process exr files

The next logical step for the BIP tool. Needs polishing for sure.

Flip button in the VFB

Shortcuts (M) and (Shift+M).
Working...
X