IPR Support for Volume Grids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR Support for Volume Grids?

One of our biggest requests from artists. Is this planned?
    Maxscript made easy....
    davewortley.wordpress.com
    Follow me here:
    facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

How about shader based volume rendering...

Comment

Originally posted by gandhics View Post
      How about shader based volume rendering...
      second that!

Check my blog

Comment

Hey guys,

IPR CPU in 3ds Max for Volume Grids is the one combination that is not supported at the moment. I have it in my list and hope to get there, but it competes for my time with many other tasks. Note that IPR GPU is working for the VolumeGrid, IPR CPU is working for the Particle Shader, and IPR for grid and particle volumes is generally working in other integrations - Maya, etc, so this specific combination is the last thing standing.

For Phoenix, I just created a new Voxel Shader node which is exactly like the Particle Shader node - a helper whos position does not matter - you pick loaded data from a Simulator (and in the future - other sources of voxel data), and it shades it as fire/smoke. Once this is completed, it would allow more easily for this to become a voxel shader material, and to also implement a particle shader material. Note that, despite the demand for these, they are likely to slower than the dedicated nodes. The difference is that in a VolumeGrid node we know we have 1 shader for 1 grid data. A material is supposed to allow putting one shader over many pieces of voxel data, so some assumptions we are doing to speed things up will stop working.

In brief - both requests are high in priority and I've been targeting them for a while. They will take time to implement though, so hopefully in the near future we will have good news

Cheers!
        Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that IPR CPU in 3ds Max for Volume Grids should be working in the latest V-Ray 6 Stable nightly builds.
          Georgi Zhekov
          Phoenix Product Manager
          Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X