This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray menu

This can't count as a feature but I want to use this thread to inform you, that we've gathered everything V-Ray related across Max's menus and put it in one place - the V-Ray menu.

Some of the tools are removed from their current places (exporters/converters), so it will take time to get used to the new ordering, but I believe it will be better in the long term.

Sorry for the inconvenience in advance for all those right-clicks and not finding the thing you are looking for
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

If the VFB could come back to the quad menu that would be very appreciated, it will take months to retrain that muscle memory that it moved to the menu bar...
    Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by JonasNöll View Post
      If the VFB could come back to the quad menu that would be very appreciated, it will take months to retrain that muscle memory that it moved to the menu bar...
      I've always used the V-Ray toolbar for that

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Same here. I've gotten used to it even though I have the Vray toolbar too. It's just faster to click a button under the cursor. In any case, you can bring it back from Customize Interface:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_vfb_quad_menu.png
Views:	1117
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1150232
        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

#MeToo
          I find it's quickier to have in right click menu

Comment

I keep right clicking to open the VFB .. +1 vote for adding it back

Comment

I need the VFB in the right click too... I miss it too much.

Comment

I need the VFB in the right click too.......

Comment

I need the right click too.................

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post

Same here. I've gotten used to it even though I have the Vray toolbar too. It's just faster to click a button under the cursor. In any case, you can bring it back from Customize Interface:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_vfb_quad_menu.png
Views:	1117
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1150232
                    Does it stick for you after restarting 3ds Max? For me it seems to loose those settings after close and restart 3ds Max...

Comment

Usually means your "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\ 202X - 64bit\ENU" folder is read-only, or your windows profile is corrupt. Hopefully not that second one though.
                      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
                        Usually means your "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\ 202X - 64bit\ENU" folder is read-only, or your windows profile is corrupt. Hopefully not that second one though.
                        I think you just solved a two full years of frustration,
                        I was at a point I did not even tried to manage my workspace / vrayworkspace anymore.

I'll give it a try but I was on "read only"

Thanks for the tips

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
                          Thanks for the help, indeed it was set to read only for all 4 3ds Max installations. But somehow changes to the QuadMenu (or Menu Bar for example) still don't seem to stick and reset themselves after a restart. It does store other settings though.
                          Seems there are other users reporting the same over on the Autodesk board and it seems to happen only when V-Ray is installed: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m.../td-p/10198996
                          I really hope the VFB will be readded back in the QuadMenu

Comment

Thanks for the help, indeed it was set to read only for all 4 3ds Max installations. But somehow changes to the QuadMenu (or Menu Bar for example) still don't seem to stick and reset themselves after a restart. It does store other settings though.
                            Seems there are other users reporting the same over on the Autodesk board and it seems to happen only when V-Ray is installed: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m.../td-p/10198996
                            I really hope the VFB will be readded back in the QuadMenu
                            It's marked as solved in the AD forum? Are your Max versions up-to-date?
                            If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                            Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

It's marked as solved in the AD forum? Are your Max versions up-to-date?
                              Yeah, it's a pretty fresh install of 3ds Max 2023 with all updates, only used it for the V-Ray 6 Beta for now. I uninstalled V-Ray and tried to delete some menu's and so on and it still resets itself after restart, so it's probably not V-Ray related but has to do with 3ds Max itself. So no idea how to get that Framebuffer in the QuadMenu again.
                              P.S: When uninstalling V-Ray it doesn't remove the V-Ray menu from the 3ds Max menu bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X