This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cloud Collaboration service

In the latest builds you'll find a new tab in the VFB - "Share". From there you can upload any image from the VFB (current buffer, History and even directly from disk) to the Chaos Cloud Collaboration.

The idea is to have an easy integrated tool for sharing your work with colleagues and clients. You can add comments and annotations in the browser part where we've included an integrated panorama viewer as well. The plan is to add more and more features in the future to ease your collaboration workflows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_3gKxY6pM9d.png
Views:	530
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1149936Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_22pb3KWyuG.png
Views:	499
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	1149937
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Hey, that's awesome but my clients don't want to create a chaos account. Is there a solution?

many thanks

Comment

Hi hendrik_dettmann,

To avoid the need for your client to create chaos account, here are two possible solutions:
      1) You can share the files with public access which doesn't require user sign-in (to do so, in the share window, for Link access select option Anyone with the link can view) .
      Please, note that this will make the link accessible to all users who get it the link and users will not be able to comment (since we have no way to identify them and display who created the comment).
      Or, if you still wish to control the access to the link:
      2) Restrict access to the shared files (to do so, in the share window, for Link access select option Invited members only) but invite your customers to login with their google email accounts.
      It is possible to login to all Chaos web properties using google account and the process is quite frictionless. In this way, they will be able to comment as well.

We are still in the process of developing these features, so, please, let us know if the above can work for you or the workflow can be further improved.
      Looking forward to receiving your feedback!
      Kalina Maneva
      Product Manager
      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hey Kalina,
        thanks for responding. I've uploaded a screenshot. unfortunately there is no option like "Anyone with the link can view" in "link access".

maybe the solution to log in woth google mail is an option. At the moment we can't log in with google account. it always says "page not found"
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi hendrik_dettmann,
          Sorry I forgot to clarify that the option to share the link with "Anyone with the link can view" is not available on a project level, but only on Folder and File level.
          My guess is that you are trying to share a project (on the screenshot above). Sharing on project level always requires users to sign in.

Best,
          Kalina Maneva
          Product Manager
          Chaos Cosmos

Comment

aah, got it, thank you.
            I willl try it out.

best regards

Comment

I think password protection would be a good option for sharing with clients. Especially those without Google accounts and who will probably not want to make one

Comment

I have a question.

-Is the Cloud Collaboration service completely free?
                (Only during the subscription period? Tens of thousands? Any resolution?)

-How long is the image retention period? eternally?

-Are you planning to collaborate on image sequences or MP4?

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                oakcorp.net
                v-ray.jp

Comment

Hi flat,
                  Please, find answers to your questions below:
                  1) The Collaboration Service will be free while it is beta (by the end of the year). After that, we will introduce a paid offering on top of it which will include certain features, higher storage volume, etc. The exact parameters are still to be decided. But in any case, there will always bee a free tier which is available to all.
                  2) As of now the image are planned to stay eternally.
                  3) Yes, this is in the plans for some of the next releases, coming towards the end of the year/beginning of the next.

Regards,
                  - Kalina
                  Kalina Maneva
                  Product Manager
                  Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hello, Kalina
                    Thanks for the answer. It has been cleared up.
                    Looking forward to the official release!

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                    oakcorp.net
                    v-ray.jp

Comment

Working...
                    X