Displacement for decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement for decals

I noticed, that using the VRayDisplacementMod on decals doesn't work (even with "Use object material" and the displacement map assigned to the decal material).
    Kind of works without the VRayDisplacementMod, just with the map in the matierial's displacement slot and opacity mask also applied to the the decal. This approach however lacks the finer controls of the VRayDisplacementMod (especially the important "Shift" attribute).
    Guess I've missed something, what's the best procedure for using displacement maps with decals?

That's a good point, maybe the RGB offset in the displacement texture can be used to shift the texture but I need to try it out.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for checking this out, decals with displacement is a big game changer!
      Yep, I've used a "Color correction" for the displacement map, changing the pivot to 0,5 (the displacemt map of course being a proper linear exr with 50 % grey as baseline) and changing the Offset.
      But not sure how to achieve both dents and bumps with this approach (without a shift in the DisplacementMod)....

Comment

Working...
      X