• Show
Clear All

• I think I broke it already (V-Ray6)

Ill attach the scene as well but all i was doing was playing with an idea:
    1. In a fresh scene I dropped a box in the scene
    2. open the ME and add a V-RayMtl to the box,
    3. Set diffuse to black
    4. drop in a V-RayDirt map, then added V-RayColor map
    5. made a couple changes to the dirtmap and then copied (shift-drag) it for later use I added the first dirt map to the self illumination in the V-RayMtl
    6. I opened the VFB and started the interactive render, the cube showed up in the VFB
    7. I had meant to add the V-RayColor to the opacity but actually linked the other V-RayDirt to the opacity slot by mistake
    8. the VFB goes black but continues to appear to render
    9. at this point the render can not be stopped and it continues to render with the VFB remaining black. I can even close and open the VFB and its still rendering lol.
    10. only way to stop it is to kill max and restart...

So far I've done this numerous times and it locks up without fail.. V-Ray_6_Broke-001.zip

Windows 10, Intel CPU on my laptop, V-Ray 6 Build 31398, 3dsmax 2022.3 (24.0 - 24.3.0.3404) - happy to add anything else that may be needed.

Cheers,
    -dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

VRayDirt in the opacity slot - that's evil ;D Thanks for the pointer, will fix it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      VRayDirt in the opacity slot - that's evil ;D Thanks for the pointer, will fix it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Lol it was honestly an accident.
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
      X