Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

two error messages on Max 2018 startup, one on rightclick and finally crash on UI change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two error messages on Max 2018 startup, one on rightclick and finally crash on UI change

Hi Chaos team!

I installed vray6 beta and started max2018, on startup one popup window appeared, after clicking on ok a second one appeared. See attached images.
    Max 2018 started quite normally after that. But when I right click on the viewport to get the right-click menu another error message appears. See third image.

Later I tried to change the UI layout and Max 2018 crashed with a popup message. See forth image.

I don’t know if this kind of issues are already known, but it is quite frustrating because I was looking forward testing Vray 6 and playing around a bit with the cool new features.

Cheers Caglar

Attached Files

Hi there,
    I couldn't reproduce the issue on my side - it works as expected, but tried additional search on that matter and I found this very similar problem :
    https://forum.tyflow.com/thread-341.html
    where as a initial working solution is pointed this article :
    https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...g-3ds-Max.html
    Please, let us know if this help

Comment

Hi Ivaylo,

thank for your response.
      I tried several things, like removing the dll files and uninstalling Vray 6 and reinstalling Vray 5 but Max didn't work properly anymore! Finally I had to uninstall and reinstall Max 2018 to get it working again. At the moment I dont have the time and I am not in the mood giving it another try. I took me too much time.

Cheers Caglar

Comment

Originally posted by engin_caglar View Post
        I tried several things, like removing the dll files
        This is indeed what the dialogs you showed say, and the reason why you had to do a reinstall of Max.
        Nothing to do with us, judging from what you shared.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Lele,
          thanks for your response but it is not very helpful. I don't see any suggestion for a solution or approach to it. Before installing Vray6 beta, Max ran stably, after that no more. So is it my fault?
          Or how can I understand that?

Cheers Caglar

Comment

I have provided no solution.
            The dialog boxes you show have nothing to do with us (you can read the dll name at the top.).
            Whatever wasn't right at the time you installed v-ray, if anything, has been now masked by the deletion of DLLs you claim to have performed.
            Start from a fresh Max install, add V-Ray and Phoenix, and if anything crashes, just send us the
            Code:
            3dsmax.dmp
            file found in your
            Code:
            Temp
            folder.
            Then we may be able to help.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
            X