Why is there no callback event before Noise threshold 0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there no callback event before Noise threshold 0.2

After vrscene is loaded complete , there is no printing information until noise threshold 0.2.
    Are there any callback events or solutions?

V-Ray core version is 5.10.01
    RenderMode RENDER_MODE_INTERACTIVE_OPTIX

You mean "after rendering is started" instead of "after vrscene is loaded complete", I suppose. What exactly do you want to achieve? You can call VRayRenderer::getInteractiveStatistics() periodically and check the InteractiveStatistics::currentNoiseThreshold member. There is also VRayRenderer::setInteractiveNoiseThreshold(thresho ld) to set the target noise threshold.

If you mean that the first ProgressiveImageUpdated callback you get is after the noise threshold has already reached 0.2, it will vary because it depends on some scene settings, especially those in the SettingsRTEngine plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by stanislav.kirilov View Post
      You mean "after rendering is started" instead of "after vrscene is loaded complete", I suppose. What exactly do you want to achieve? You can call VRayRenderer::getInteractiveStatistics() periodically and check the InteractiveStatistics::currentNoiseThreshold member. There is also VRayRenderer::setInteractiveNoiseThreshold(thresho ld) to set the target noise threshold.

If you mean that the first ProgressiveImageUpdated callback you get is after the noise threshold has already reached 0.2, it will vary because it depends on some scene settings, especially those in the SettingsRTEngine plugin.

Question has been recorded video upload

My purpose is to give users feedback on the rendering progress.
      But there is no callback before Noise threshold 0.2
      Is there any way to let me know the rendering progress?

Comment

There are (currently) no progress updates during interactive rendering. Unfortunately that includes PRODUCTION_CUDA and PRODUCTION_OPTIX modes as they use the the same rt_engine internally as the interactive modes.

Comment

Working...
        X