Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Standalone for iMac - does not run or I don't know how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Standalone for iMac - does not run or I don't know how?

Hi all,

first of all, I am new in this world and I don't know if there is already a topic created about my problem, please let me explain it.
    I've got a Vray license for Sketchup + an extra Vray node bought. I bought the node on purpose to use it in an iMac so it would be rendering the vrayscenes.
    Vray standalone for Windows works in my other computer perfectly but I can't run the Vray Standalone in the iMac. In this iMac I only have set up the standalone and the license server softwares.
    Although I found the "Vray" file which run the "Terminal" in my iMac, I can't write anything in there.
    I've been reading on many chaos group information websites but unfortunately I don't take it in very well....I might be a bit slow on the uptake.
    Could someone please send me a link of the steps to follow on iMac? I just don't understand why I cannot write anything once the terminal is open.
    I would really appreciate it, thanks a lot!
    Please find attached what I think it's the terminal. Its name is VRAY-80x46 and I found it in //CHAOS GROUP/STANDALONE_FRO _MAVERICKS_X64/BIN_MAVERICKS_X64/GCC-4.2-CPP
    Juan

It looks like you opened it from Finder. This starts vray without any arguments so it prints some help info and exits. You need to start a Terminal app first, change the directory to where vray is and run a vray command like you do on windows (probably "vray -server" to start it in server mode).
    1) command+space to open Spotlight; type "terminal" without the quotation marks and start this app
    2) in the terminal window type (without the quotation marks) "cd /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Standalone_for_mavericks_x64/bin/mavericks_x64/gcc-4.2-cpp"
    3) run vray
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please have a look at the screenshot?
      I opened the vrscene on my PC windows with the same command but I must be missing something or doing it wrong...

Thanks again,

Juan

Comment

Looks like you almost got it right but the initial two characters "cd" shouldn't be there. Either use the cd command (with a space after it) to go to the directory first and then execute just "vray" or use the full path directly without changing directory with cd.
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

Thanks!!! I did it! now I've just got a license problem! haha

The thing is that I have available 2 render nodes, the Pc one is in use but the one in the iMac does not show it....

How can I assign a render node to the iMac?

Thanks,

Comment

You should contact support@chaosgroup.com for this (any license issues in general).
            Nikola Goranov
            Chaos Developer

Comment

Thank you very much for your support!!

Comment

Working...
              X