SelfIllumination - Multi Variable Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SelfIllumination - Multi Variable Missing

I've been following along with the documentation rather well; however, I have not been able to find the variable Multi for SelfIllumniation in VrayMtl. This is using the .NET C# version. The documentation states that Multi is float variable as seen in the link below.

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...tl-MapsRollout

Does anyone know where this is/if I am missing anything?

Thank you.

Hi

It looks like V-Ray for 3dsMax exports this pre-multiplied into the color if it is a simple color. So for example red color and multiplier 3 becomes AColor(3, 0, 0, 1).

Otherwise when a texture is used, it wraps it in TexCombineColor where the multiplier in question goes to the 'result_multiplier' parameter.
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Thank you. That seems to have solved the issue. I ran across a similar problem when working with the maps rollout section. I was unable to find a property to assign the bump/normal map as well as displacement map in the VRayMtrl. Where would this be located? Further, I'm assuming the Opacity of each map (in Maps Rollout) is blended using an interpolation of the texture with the variable associated with it? As in, there is not a specific algorithm being used to blend the two components together?
      Last edited by brianabdo; 13-08-2018, 04:51 AM.

Comment

It's best to check a vrscene exported from Max. If this doesn't help we will check with the 3dsMax team for details.
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
        X