Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Benchmark 1.0 release

Hello and welcome!

This forum is for discussion of the V-Ray Benchmarch standalone application, the first version of which is available as of today. It includes tests for both CPU and GPU rendering.

The benchmark can be downloaded from our website at this link (requires registration which is free if you don't have one):
    https://download.chaosgroup.com/?product=57

Short documentation is available here:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAYBENCH

The results submitted so far can be viewed here:
    https://benchmark.chaosgroup.com/

You can sort them by CPU or GPU time.

A short FAQ is available here:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/.../Technical+FAQ

If you have any questions or comments, please post in this forum. If you have any issues, post in the V-Ray Benchmark problems section.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 04-04-2017, 09:31 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Great! Thank you Vlado and the team.
    always curious...

Comment

Marvelous!!!

Thansk Vlado and Team

Comment

Thanks for this, should be a great addition. However, the cpu test seems to stop the timer before the actual image is complete though - is this normal? Maybe related, but it also seems like my CPU usage goes down significantly after most of the full size buckets are done rendering. It still has all buckets in use unitl the end apparently but CPU use goes from 100% down to ~10% (this is on a 72 core system). Is this normal?
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

01:16.058 from my home built AMD Ryzen system. Pleased with that looking at the competition surrounding the score

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
            Thanks for this, should be a great addition. However, the cpu test seems to stop the timer before the actual image is complete though - is this normal?
            The timer is correct. There is some issue with the UI in some cases that it processes the draw queue too slowly, but it's purely a display issue that will be fixed at some point. The benchmark results are correct though.

Maybe related, but it also seems like my CPU usage goes down significantly after most of the full size buckets are done rendering. It still has all buckets in use unitl the end apparently but CPU use goes from 100% down to ~10% (this is on a 72 core system). Is this normal?
            See the explanation above. At that time, the rendering is already complete and the timer is frozen. The UI simply lags to update. However the benchmark results reflect the actual render time and are accurate.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Marks View Post
              01:16.058 from my home built AMD Ryzen system. Pleased with that looking at the competition surrounding the score
              Great stuff - What clock speed you running at?

Comment

Thank you Vlado for such a useful tool, much appreciated.

Looking over benchmarks posted and guessing Ryzen clock speeds...

Running at stock 3.4Ghz for 1700x:
                1 min 30 sec

Running at stock 3.6Ghz for 1800x:
                1 min 25 sec

Overclocked 1700x or 1800x at about 4GHz:
                1 min 16 sec

Can Ryzen owners confirm?
                Last edited by davexl; 04-04-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davexl View Post
                  Great stuff - What clock speed you running at?
                  4.09 Ghz, Auto-tuned with AI Suite with stability in mind. Asus X370-Pro motherboard, Corsair H110i cooler. 32GB Corsair DDR4 CMK32GX4M2A2400C14. Samsung 128GB Polaris NVMe M.2

Comment

This is great! Just what we we needed

Unfortunately I wasn't able to submit my result, it just hangs on "submitting" but what I found strange was that my GPU time was 01:38 with this workstations 780 Ti, which is a bit confusing when a 1080 is listed at 01:50.

Are we able to submit multiple results from different machines?

Did you consider giving an overall score as well that takes in to account gpu and cpu? Perhaps something similar to 3D Mark.

(also - Hi Dan!)
                    Freelance 3D Generalist
                    www.maxwood.co.uk

Comment

ok so the person at number 1 with their 88 cores is making my computer feel inadequate..stop it
                      e: info@adriandenne.com
                      w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Originally posted by maxwood View Post
                        Unfortunately I wasn't able to submit my result, it just hangs on "submitting" but what I found strange was that my GPU time was 01:38 with this workstations 780 Ti, which is a bit confusing when a 1080 is listed at 01:50.
                        I will ask someone to help you out with the "submitting" phase. I'm not sure about the 780 Ti vs the 1080 - sometimes things depend on the specific hardware configuration, if there is any overclocking etc.

Are we able to submit multiple results from different machines?
                        Yes, of course.

Did you consider giving an overall score as well that takes in to account gpu and cpu?
                        We did, but it wasn't clear how such a score would be helpful. The question that people will be asking is, "if I get this configuration, how much will my render times improve". An overall score does not give a precise answer to that question.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

is there a way to use the same render image for both cpu and gpu? Good for deciding if cpu or gpu is the route to go for when purchasing machines etc
                          e: info@adriandenne.com
                          w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Very nice, thanks!
                            I hate to throw requests like this, but any chance we'll see something headless for Linux?
                            Best Regards,
                            Fredrik

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              I will ask someone to help you out with the "submitting" phase. I'm not sure about the 780 Ti vs the 1080 - sometimes things depend on the specific hardware configuration, if there is any overclocking etc.

Yes, of course.

We did, but it wasn't clear how such a score would be helpful. The question that people will be asking is, "if I get this configuration, how much will my render times improve". An overall score does not give a precise answer to that question.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Thanks Vlado, it could well be this workstation I'm using at the moment. I've had all kinds of issues with it but if I can help by providing logs or something then let me know.
                              Freelance 3D Generalist
                              www.maxwood.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X