Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple results for the same processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple results for the same processor?

On the Vray benchmark search, with a lot of the AMD processors, for example, I'm seeing a lot of double results, one significantly lower than the other and usually with half the number of logical cores.

For instance with the Ryzen 9 (16 core) I can see three entries, two of which only have 1 test result, and those two show only 16 logical cores and a much lower score than the one with 32 logical cores. As I understand it that processor has 16 cores - so 32 logical cores? Can I take it that the two single reults a case of eroneous data entry?

Hello, busseynova, I guess you're talking about this concrete processor.

There are three entries:

32 logical cores, SMT on: all 16 physical cores enabled with SMT, which makes 32 logical cores
    16 logical cores, SMT off: all 16 physical cores enabled without SMT, which makes 16 logical cores
    16 logical cores, SMT on: 8 physical cores enabled with SMT, which also makes 16 logical cores

So, there aren't any duplicate entries in this case.
    I hope this cleared things up.

Comment

That makes total sense, but the only thing is that I can't see an 8 core version of that processor. I understand it uses 2x 8core chipsets, so is that using 1 of those chipsets (but with SMT on)? Maybe I'm missing something and that was an 8 core processor in a previous itteration.

Comment

You are right, that it is not an 8-core processor, although there are different ways to set the available cores for the OS (or limit the number of physical cores on a virtual machine).

Comment

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
          X