• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 11 pro

Hello, I would like to understand.

On My 3990X on Pop0S 21.04 my score is 64200
    on Windows 10 pro my score is 57607
    on Windows 11 pro my score is 35397 !??

Is Windows a real shit or there is something wrong on the result of vray bench on win11 ?
    I saw the same bad result in the result page.
    GHiOM = Guillaume Gaillard
    freelance 3D artist
    www.ghiom.com

Hello, it turned out, that Windows 11 (and some newer versions of Windows 10) changed its way of reporting CPU cores, which is affecting the performance of V-Ray 5 Benchmark. We'll soon release a fix for that. If you don't want to wait until such a fix is released, there's a workaround described on docs.microsoft.com, which involves executing the Powershell command
    Code:
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NUMA" /v SplitLargeNodes /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    , and restarting your machine.

Comment

daniel.taskoff it's a good idea to make this reg edit ? it will not create bad performances on others task ?
      freelance 3D artist
      www.ghiom.com

Comment

ghiom3d , Microsoft state the following:
        Applications that are updated to use the new API functionality that reports the true NUMA topology will continue to work properly on systems where large node splitting has been reenabled with this registry key.
        So, the performance of applications, which are already working, should not be affected.

Comment

Nice ! thanks for the tips
          freelance 3D artist
          www.ghiom.com

Comment

And new results are better? Win11 is such a mess.... Thinking of switching to linux.
            I just can't seem to trust myself
            So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
            ---------------------------------------------------------
            CG Artist

Comment

NO changes for me to reach linux, but now near from Win10. . Boot in linux same PBO level 2 = 68 541 . Boot in windows 11 = 56 773 . Near of Win10 but not so good as linux
              freelance 3D artist
              www.ghiom.com

Comment

When will it all be over already? Why can't a huge, giant corporation code properly? What happened to the industry? Why has everything become so horribly badly coded? Speechless...
                I just can't seem to trust myself
                So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                ---------------------------------------------------------
                CG Artist

Comment

Hi, the latest V-Ray Benchmark 5.01.01 includes a fix for Windows 11, and the additional fiddling with Win Registry is no longer required.

Comment

Working...
                  X