Bizzare Crash Logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizzare Crash Logs

One of our render nodes is having persistent errors running VRay for 3ds Max. It seemed like the CPU was possibly to blame, so I wanted to push it and see if anything bad happened. I tried to run VRay Benchmark on and it failed to start. However, when I looked at the log, the error description is that, "the impossible has happened."

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered the impossible and if there is a clearer meaning to this log entry. I also wonder if the line, FatalError "Scenes have been changed!", has anything to do with the error which was crashing VRay for 3ds Max which also mentioned scenes. Possibly to do with some sort of issue with Embree?

VRay for 3ds Max error:
    Code:
    error: Building Embree Voxel Tree failed: [EmbreeTree<0,1,class VUtils::StaticTreeDelegateParam,struct VUtils::SimpleStaticTriangle,struct VUtils::SDTreeBunchDelegetorFace>::build] 1: Creating new scene failed
    VRay Benchmark Log:
    Code:
    [benchmark] got args:
    [info] Loading plugins from "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\V-Ray Benchmark\resources\app\bin/plugins/vray_*.dll"
    [info] 74 plugin(s) loaded successfully
    [info] Finished loading plugins.
    [warning] Couldn't get information about hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
    [warning] Improve your performance by upgrading your driver from version 456.71 to 512.59.
    [benchmark] V-Ray Benchmark 5.01.01 [f1f84f8974a9f802ed2639cba7edab984f05b7cb]
    [benchmark] Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    [benchmark] V-Ray 5.00.20 [fe244a33]
    [benchmark] NVIDIA driver: 456.71
    [benchmark] [0]: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX 24-Core Processor
    [1]: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 2048MB

[benchmark] C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Chaos/benchmark.refresh: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
    [benchmark] Started V-Ray Benchmark 5.01.01
    [benchmark] Getting setup
    [benchmark] Opening status socket
    [benchmark] Status socket opened
    [benchmark] Opening image socket
    [benchmark] Image socket opened
    [benchmark] Starting a render
    [benchmark] Starting a V-Ray render
    The impossible has happened: Idle
    [benchmark] Scenes have been changed!
    [benchmark] FatalError "Scenes have been changed!"
    [benchmark] The impossible has happened: Idle

Hello avery_brown, and thanks for submitting your issue!

The Scenes have been changed! error in most of the cases means, that either there isn't enough space on the disk, or the scenes literally have been changed, while the application was still running.
    You might try closing the application, removing the directory %TEMP%/V-Ray Benchmark, and running the application again, although if there really isn't enough space on the disk, that won't help.

I'll be happy to further assist in resolving your issue!

Best regards,
    Daniel

Comment

Thanks daniel.taskoff! Deleting the folder worked, but only once. I wonder if there is a problem with the disk? Anyways, thanks again for the response!

Comment

You're welcome!

Just to verify - how much free space do you have on the disk, where %TEMP% is located?

And could you please list the contents of the %TEMP%/V-Ray Benchmark directory after running, and closing the application?

Comment

There are 342 GB free out of a total of 446 GB. The remaining contents of the %TEMP%/V-Ray Benchmark directory are two folders, one for "logs" and another called "%SystemDrive%". For some reason Benchmark is running fine today, so the leftovers in the folder don't seem to be the same as when it was crashing yesterday.

Comment

Seems like for some reason the automatic uninstaller failed to clean the installation directory, since only the two folders you mentioned above should persist after closing the application.

Anyway, I'm glad that you can now run the benchmark! If any other troubles occur with the application, please let us know.

Comment

Thanks Daniel!

Comment

Working...
              X