Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GUI für vrimg2exr.exe VRay 1.5 / Testers wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUI für vrimg2exr.exe VRay 1.5 / Testers wanted!

Hey out there!

Since using the vrimg2exr.exe tool is sometimes quite a tedious an annoying task - think about typing in your network paths and knowing about the correct channel names - I wrote a GUI (GraphicalUserInterface) for it!
    Its freeware and I would like you to test it because we only use vrimg-files for a few days now!

Until now:
    - the program is considered BETA
    - you have to install .NET 2.0 framework before using it or it wont work at all
    - it only works with single vrimg-files
    - it only works with files rendered by VRay 1.5
    - the program must reside inside the same folder as vrimg2exr.exe

I would be happy if you try it and if it was useful for anyone except us ( homebase2 GbR, www.homebase2.biz )!

BUT BE WARNED:
    You use it totally at your own risk!
    The author can not be held responsible for any damages to your hardware or loss of data caused by use of this software.

You can download it at: www.binka.biz/cms/index.php?Download
    Sorry for my site being only available in german right now!

greetings
    ferdel

Perfect tool!
    Thank you so much.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback efx2004!
      And all you others out there: Dont you want to try it?
      greetings
      ferdel

Comment

Ive got it, and trying it now!!

Wow cool tool, works perfectly. Although having the output file type as a choice would be v cool. Also, what is the dif between srgb and 16bit in the options? I did both and they seemed to both be 32 bit files?

Really cool, well done.

No bugs so far. All Ive got to do now is work out how to comp them together in photoshop!!

Thanks

Comment

32Bit vs 16Bit / RGB vs sRGB

32Bit vs 16Bit
          I have tried it using the command line tool, too. So it does not seem to be a fault of my program.
          If you compare 32 / 16 bit output in photoshop, you CAN see slight differences, the problem seems to be that photoshop still shows the 16bit images as 32bit.
          I wonder if vlado could tell us somthing about this? Is it a matter of the header of the output files or is it in photoshop?

RGB vs sRGB
          I really cannot tell you the difference! I just tried it and sRGB seems to show the same information as the VRay Framebuffer.
          I suppose it has something to do with color profiles...
          Again: vlado? can you please tell us something more about it?

Comment

Re: 32Bit vs 16Bit / RGB vs sRGB

Originally posted by ferdel1973
            32Bit vs 16Bit
            I have tried it using the command line tool, too. So it does not seem to be a fault of my program.
            If you compare 32 / 16 bit output in photoshop, you CAN see slight differences, the problem seems to be that photoshop still shows the 16bit images as 32bit.
            I wonder if vlado could tell us somthing about this? Is it a matter of the header of the output files or is it in photoshop?
            16-bit .exr files will typically be smaller than 32-bit files at the expense of some color precision.

RGB vs sRGB
            I really cannot tell you the difference! I just tried it and sRGB seems to show the same information as the VRay Framebuffer.
            I suppose it has something to do with color profiles...
            Again: vlado? can you please tell us something more about it?
            If you use the -sRGB option, this will apply a 2.2 gamma correction to the output .exr file.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Tried it, thanks.
              But I can only choose my rgb and alpha channel, even tough in the info it sees 5 channels and I am sure they are in there.

Comment

Joost channels question

Hey Joost Ink!
                Which channels do you talk about?
                VRayMtlID, VRayObjectID, VRayRenderID and VRayZDepth cannot be extracted from the vrimg-file, so they are not even included in my tool`s menu!
                Did you render with VRay 1.5? Lower versions are not supported yet...

Comment

vlados info about 16/32bit

Hey vlado - thank you for the fast reply!
                  16-bit .exr files will typically be smaller than 32-bit files at the expense of some color precision.
                  Yes, I thought so. But how comes that photoshop always recognizes the 16bit files from vrimg2exr as 32bit (it shows it in the title bar)? Is it a bug in photoshop???
                  If you use the -sRGB option, this will apply a 2.2 gamma correction to the output .exr file.
                  OK! Is it the same correction your software does in the framebuffer window? Some people believe the exr-file is different, for me it just looks the same!
                  By the way:
                  1. The exr file for the VRayNormal-channel does not look as in the framebuffer (it is b&w instead of colour) and even if the channel shows up as vector-format in the info, it can be extracted to RGB.
                  2. VRayMtlID, VRayObjectID, VRayRenderID and VRayZDepth can be rendered to vrimg-format but cannot be extracted from the vrimg-file due to wrong format. Its not really a bug but should be in the documentation.

@ ALL:
                  Anyone used the VRayNormal-channel out of vrimg-files so far? Does it work?

greetings,
                  ferdel

Comment

you will typically need srgb for apps like PS. wich is sad :P linear exr's unleash the true power of EXRs. Nuke performs exceptionally well at them. 16bit is perfectly usable as long as you use half float 16bit (wich is a signed colour format).

Regards,
                    Thorsten

Comment

Re: Joost channels question

Originally posted by ferdel1973
                      Hey Joost Ink!
                      Which channels do you talk about?
                      VRayMtlID, VRayObjectID, VRayRenderID and VRayZDepth cannot be extracted from the vrimg-file, so they are not even included in my tool`s menu!
                      Did you render with VRay 1.5? Lower versions are not supported yet...
                      I use vray 1.5 and the channels I can not check are VRayRawLightingMap and VRayRawGlobalIlluminationMap, maybe this is because I created the vrimg with RTT and the channels have "map" at the end of the channelname. Don't know if that is the case with a "normal" vrimg too tough.

Comment

Ive had the same problem with the normal element, coming out b&w not colour.

Hey instinct, would you mind, maybe in another thread, explaining your method for comping the elements in PS?

Comment

I dont at all. and i seriously doubt that it's entirely possible. we comp it all in nuke. as it performs outstandingly well (also for stills, not only animation).

Thorsten

Comment

New version 0.7.1.0 available

Hey folks!

If you are interested in the output of RTT channels like our pal Joost Ink - thanks for your feedback - just get along and grab the new version 0.7.1.0.
                            http://binka.biz/?Download

@ Joost: I was not able to check all the channels, please do it for me

By the way: I get a scripting-crash when I try to select VRayCausticsMap! Anyone else, too?

regards
                            ferdel

Comment

RGB Color and Alpha works great! Good work Testing v0.7.1.0
                              placeboeffects.no | 3dhue.com

Comment

Working...
                              X