Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaos Software at the V-Ray public event, London, United Kingdom, May 13th, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they talk about how it worked, is it limited to 10 networked machines like DR is?

Comment

Yes, you can use DR to speed it up but I think they said after about 4 machines it will saturate a 1 gig network. They said something about it being better to use a few very fast computers rather than loads of slow ones.

I must say I thought VRay the RT demo was very impressive. I think they were using it without DR but the box they were demoing it on was a bit of a beast. I didn't catch the processor spec. but I think it had 16 cores and 16 gig of ram. The scene was approx. 1m polys and within 3-4 secs you had a pretty good idea of what the final render would look like. The longer you leave it the better it looked - exactly like PPT. Also, you can save the image at any time as a test render.
      Dan Brew

Comment

...can't wait til rt is released...

Comment

nice, did someone pictures from that meeting ?

Comment

Originally posted by Janosik View Post
            nice, did someone pictures from that meeting ?
            Yep one of the vray team took lots of pics of us sat there and there was a guy sat just in front of me who was videoing the presentation on his camera, not sure who it was but would be good to see it...

Comment

When are you guys coming to Australia? :P

Comment

Working...
              X