Vray GPU's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray GPU's

what is Vray GPU?, is different from Vray RT GPU?

when a public beta?

Best regards.

It is the regular V-Ray RT, with a render server that uses GPU(s) instead of the CPU.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Probably you dont know the release day of GPU RT, but when are we going to get some news about it. I mean new cool stuff like new videos.
      I am waiting with purchasing of my new video card because of GPU RT. It will probably need lots of video memory and I will have to buy TESLAs as rendering slaves.
      What is rendering time diference between graphic card with 1 GB of ram and 4 Gb of ram on heavy scenes.
      Last edited by kpavlov; 08-05-2010, 06:38 AM.
      www.VisualizationStudio.com

Comment

If we see Octane render, no difference in the rendering time. Just you can render more polygons and/or more textures resolution.
        If I rememebr, with 100 VRam you can render one milion poly in Octane ( or not, I don't rememebr very well)
        www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
        Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Add a few production textures (2k-8k float) and your gpu will burst with a LOT less polys. I wonder why ppl tend to think their GFX card can get away with 4GB when buying 24GB Machines to handle their scenes :P

Comment

Hi guys - great work by the Chaos Group tem, am so excited for the release!

A question regrading the teslas.... If we purchase 3 Tesla C2070's [6GB each] the RAM limitation of one scene would still be 6GB right? Multiple GPU's just aid speed I expect right?

Thanks

Tarran

Comment

Yes, data is uploaded to each GPU separately - each of them holds its own copy. They just work together.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

but when you writing gpu RT only for teslas i fear you not sell many of RT copies due extremly costs of that hardware ... will it work on normal game graphic card too ??

Comment

i belive that Vlado stated his code was/is done using OpenCl for greater GPU compatibility.. ( i might be wrong)
                  Originally posted by 3DMK
                  do I want to be a rich business man or a poor artist?

caddworkx

Comment

Originally posted by Janosik View Post
                    but when you writing gpu RT only for teslas i fear you not sell many of RT copies due extremly costs of that hardware ... will it work on normal game graphic card too ??
                    Er, what made you think it runs only on Tesla cards? The tests that we posted were all done on GeForce cards (and we said so clearly). It even runs on my laptop, which has a mobile GeForce 9700.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

nice , so game card will be usable and can you write raw date of issue ?

Comment

Working...
                      X