Forest Pack Lite/Pro 3.4 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozztheforester View Post
    I don't want to be tied down to any package I want to be free to decide whether I want to upgrade or I want to wait for a while or I want to move on to another package...
    Well, i should clarify this: you are not obligated to renew the subscription at the expiration date, only when the upgrades are interesting for you. You can continue using the software, and we will provide support to you forever the life of the product. Let's see an example:

- A customer purchases the plugin at Jan 1, 2011, he uses Max 2011. While the next three years, we release some upgrades but he is not interested on them, he also continue using the same Max version, so there is not needed to renew the subscription.

- At 2013, the customer want to upgrade to Max 2013, and an updated version of the plugin is required. He renews his subscription, receiving all updates until then and paying only 50 Eur. Further, renewing he will receive free updates for the next year, regardless if minor or major upgrades are released.

- Instead, applying a regular upgrading scheme, along these years probably we would have released a commercial upgrade for a price of 100 Eur. He would be paying double for the same benefit.

Probably some customers will be happy to renew their subscription yearly, because they are interested to test every new feature and have always installed the latest version. But it's not our intention to force paying to customers whose are not interested on a continuous upgrading.
    Carlos Quintero
    iToo Software
    www.itoosoft.com

Comment

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, and I am generally not a fan of the usual subscription plans at all.

b
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

I am ok with that Carlos, thanks for explaining it out for me, it does seem much reasonable than the other subscription packages around..

If I can ask one more question are we going to get a 2012 compatibility for the current 3.x.x version without the subscription? if yes when?

Comment

This is a business model that autodesk could do with following!
          Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
          Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

I am ok with that Carlos, thanks for explaining it out for me, it does seem much reasonable than the other subscription packages around..

If I can ask one more question are we going to get a 2012 compatibility for the current 3.x.x version without the subscription? if yes when?
            No, sorry. We have not plans to release updates out of the subscription scheme, except special patches to solve critical issues if necessary.

Max 2012 requires not only a recompilation, but rewriting some parts of the code to support the new features, as Nitrous. Probably we will release some betas (starting with 3.5.0b already available), before getting a stable version.
            Carlos Quintero
            iToo Software
            www.itoosoft.com

Comment

Hi Carlos,
              Any ideas about the release date for the final 2012 version?

Comment

Hi Carlos,
                Any ideas about the release date for the final 2012 version?
                We have plans to release a new beta in the next days, compiled with VRay 2.0 SP1. I cannot estimate a date for the stable release, because we have added many new features that must be tested (with some more in this new beta as well). But i guess that we will need at least some weeks to be sure that there is not any critical bug.

We know that our users want to use Max 2012 on production as soon as possible, but we are very exhaustive checking the stability of our plugins and this require time. Also putting together all Max and VRay versions, there are tons of targets for compiling and testing.
                Carlos Quintero
                iToo Software
                www.itoosoft.com

Comment

Hi Carlos

Any hints yet as to how long the "many weeks" will be?
                  Maybe a Light Beta version?
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
                    Hi Carlos

Any hints yet as to how long the "many weeks" will be?
                    Maybe a Light Beta version?
                    We are working very hard to have a final version as soon as possible, but it's very difficult to estimate a date. Usually these things take more time than planned, but i hope that no more than two or three weeks.

Sorry, but we have not plans to release betas of the Lite versions.
                    Carlos Quintero
                    iToo Software
                    www.itoosoft.com

Comment

Hi Carlos

I sent you an urgent PM.
                      Kind Regards,
                      Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Itoosoft View Post
                        We are working very hard to have a final version as soon as possible, but it's very difficult to estimate a date. Usually these things take more time than planned, but i hope that no more than two or three weeks.
                        Hmmm maybe more like 5 or 6 weeks?
                        You need another beta tester?
                        Kind Regards,
                        Morne

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
                          Hmmm maybe more like 5 or 6 weeks?
                          You need another beta tester?
                          I apologize for the delay, the problem is not the beta testing, but that we have introduced some changes in the Library Browser (as the support for 3D items) that should be completed before the final release.

The stable version is ready and it will be released along this week, including Forest Lite and Pro.
                          Carlos Quintero
                          iToo Software
                          www.itoosoft.com

Comment

Working...
                          X