Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebusfarm now clocks 18.000 ghz

hi

Once again an increase in computing power. We now provide 18,000 GHz total capacity, more than our buiseness competitors in sum !

REBUSfarm expanded its machine pool by 252 Dual Xeon E5645 (6 x 2.40 GHz) with 24 GB of RAM.
    In addition there are 70 Dual Xeon E5420 (4 x 2.50 GHz) with 12 GB of RAM as a power reserve.

Our system now offers a total of 18 THz. This is an equivalent to 600-700 fast Core i7 PCs and is by far the most powerful Render Farm Service in the world.

Try us for free. Just create a new account and use the 10 EUR free trial.

www.rebusfarm.com

that is an impressive amount of computing power. Can you describe what a GHz hour is? If a frame takes an hour to render on one dual xeon e5645 how many GHz hours is that. I just want a reference to places that price by "core" hour.

thanks,

V Miller

Comment

well the e5645 is a 6 core chip, and those machines have 2 cpus. its clocked at 2.4 ghz. so you multiply the number of cores by the number of ghz, which gives you 2.4 x 12 = 28.8 ghz total. if the frame takes one hour on the machine, it would require 28.8 ghz/hours to render the frame. if it took 2 hours, 57.6 ghz/h etc. etc.

Comment

its much more complicate

in case i just count the core*ghz*time I whould have more benefit using super old CPU insteat
        why?
        comapre an old cpu with a modern cpu - the modern cpu render much faster even the ghz and cores are the same
        with that logic I whould unever update my hardware ....

you cant compare the ghz hour with core hour

your best way to messure renderfarms is price per ghz hour - thats the lowest nominator and the standart value
        otherwise use the onlice costs calculator - each farm have one imo

andre

Comment

well not all render farms have a calculator to estimate cost and the ones that do don't always take into account how fast the machine was that you are using for a frame time estimate. Your calculator asks the GHz of the test computer as well as the number of cores where the rendercore calculator does not. And I don't think render rocket has a calculator.

thanks for the information though.

V Miller

Comment

Working...
          X