Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebusfarm price drop down to 6,9 cent

hi

our new basis price per ghz hour is 6.9cent only !
    thats a price drop of 30% !

beside that low price we still offer volume discounts up to 60%

feel free to register and get 10 credits free for sending a test render

andre

I have a question. We were talking about render farms for still the other say and we couldn't come to a consensus. Let's say I have a still, just a one frame render, and I need to render it out. When I use the calculator I am getting a very manageable number, but some didn't think things worked like that. If a still cost me around $15.00, I would use a server often. How do still work? what if my scene uses multiscatter and/or autograss?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

hi
      the 15$ sounds reasonable - thats the common average for a still image
      please register and send one frame to farm and see how far you can render worth the 10 euro trial (notice the popup on job submit)
      math the missing % afterwards - best case it complete for the 10credits

autograss is supported aswell MS

andre

Comment

what is the farms policy toward free plugins like multi texture and bercon maps? Are those supported or could they be installed if need be?

V Miller

Comment

our job submit plugin called Farminizer validate your scene about tons of importent points aswell used plugins
          in case you have an unsupported plug in your scene you get a message and i need to install it (depend on plugin install routine and license agreement) or you need to remove it from scene

dont ask me what plugins i have - I have too many to write them
          since the farm existe for 5 years i have installed the "moste used" plugs imo

Comment

thanks for the information. seems like you've made it a simple matter to detect whether a plugin is already supported or not.

V Miller

Comment

Could you please tell me how can i uninstall the plugin from my system?

After deleting Rebus folder from Scripts and the Rebus project manager folder its still in 3ds max Render menu

Thanks,

p.d.: searching Rebus site and google search didn't worked

EDITED:: Well, after first fight with the Script to export jobs to the farm i can say im very happy with the service, as said below prices are not high imo, let's say one frame 5000x2500 with lot of grass (about 50hr in my Dual core 2.4GH) was rendered in less than 3 hr for 7euro!!

Adding more info to the web would be cool though...!!
              Last edited by peprgb; 16-09-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Has anyone been using this service for still images? I tried a small test job with the free credits. It seems very slow. I've been waiting while it renders over 12000 frames for someone else. It doesn't seem real practical if you're in a hurry. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by arobbert View Post
                  Has anyone been using this service for still images?
                  I had, and I guess I must have been lucky, as I never had to wait more than a quarter of hour or so.. I must say I found the whole thing to work quite well.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll try again.

Comment

Im using it as i type...
                      It has saved my life with a client who decided to change from A4 format (brochure) to A1..
                      I had a few issues at first getting it all rendering (my fault) but now it works like a dream.

Can highly recommend

Comment

Good to know.

Comment

I had some issues with rebusfarm before. For some reason scenes lit with an exr would render overexposed (and therefore taking forever to complete), which made me stop using the farm. (they were nice enough to give me refunds when it happend though)
                          But now everything works perfectly. Dont know if its because i switched from Max9 to Max2012 or if they made some changes to the software, havent used it for 6 months or maybe more, but I just made some testrenders and they came out great. Lots of vray proxys scattered with Forest Pro, scene lit with exr in domelight etc. The max-plugin "farminizer" and the Rebus manager makes it really easy to use, and the price is really low, so yeah, I can also highly recommend it.

The only thing thats bugging me now is that its difficult to predict how long you have to wait until your render starts. In my tests now it said my render will begin after about 5000 frames. It stayed at 5000 frames for about 20 minutes and then suddenly started rendering. Would be nice if it could give you an estimate in minutes or something, but I really have no idea if thats even possible...

Comment

I have been using Rebusfarm from time to time when my own renderfarm is to busy. It has been very straight forward.

Comment

Working...
                            X