Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANCH becomes the most affordable Hi-Perf rendering service

Hi everyone,

Since the installation of our RANCH Runner, we have worked hard to reach a goal: to become the most affordable high performance rendering service on the market. Well, today is the day!

We will let you judge if we have succeeded. As we want to be completely transparent about it, here are all the details:

1) our base price (Sapphire formula) is now 2.9 cents ($) per GHz-Hour (~ 2.0 euro-cents per GHz-H). We have 4 levels of priority (Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby and Diamond), the most expensive being 6.2 euro-cents per GHz-H, which is still very affordable. The priorities are there to sort the projects in the waiting list, if you are in a hurry you can raise your priority to climb to the top. And as we also have discounts for quantities, the actual price could be even less than that (up to 70% discount!).

2) for the technically inclined: your project is rendered on our RANCH Runner, a modular multinode system driven by proprietary - and highly optimized - management software. It is currently configured with 128 Intel Xeon X5650 CPUs (6-core) for a total of 768 cores and 1536 render threads, organized in 64 dual nodes with 24 GB RAM each. There is no time shared on the RANCH, so each projet is guaranteed to benefit from the full power of the system when it is processed: you get the same level of performance, everytime.

3) As a concrete example, an animation project which takes around one week to render on a Core i7 PC is rendered in approximately one hour, for $60 (~ 42 €) with the Sapphire priority. Depending on the discount you get, this hour could cost as low as $18 (~12/13 €).

We hope that this will bring new possibilities to a lot of 3D artists and companies who previously couldn't afford to use a rendering service!

Cheers,

Fred

RANCH Computing Metasite
    RANCH Computing

Hi,

What about plugins? could i render if i am using Mulstiscatter? (cant see about plugs in the website)

Thanks,

Comment

Hi peprgb,

Yes, as indicated in our PDF User Guide we support Multiscatter.
      RANCH Computing

Comment

Do you support Forrest Pro from Itoosoft? (didnt see it in the pdf) Or do you have plans to support it? Id love to try your renderservice, but I use Forrest in pretty much all my projects...
        /k

Comment

Hi skogskalle,

yes we support Forest Pack Pro, however we have not yet installed the latest version which supports Max 2012; we will do so in the coming days.
          RANCH Computing

Comment

Thanks, thats great!
            /k

Comment

When I use your calc I get a higher render time then I estimate. If I say a still takes 1hr your calc tells me your farm will take 2hrs. I punched in a 2hr still and I got a price of $185.00, which is really high.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
              X