V-Ray 2.20.01 available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomei View Post
    and @ vlado - think about the manual - i`d pay money for this.........
    It would help to describe what you expect from a manual. The V-Ray help index lists all parameters of all plugins with an explanation for each of them, which is precisely what you said you need.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, you describe the settings - but not how to use them - example the Lens_Effects in 2.0. I was very happy when i saw the lens effect (because i`m not a friend of post processing) but it is to sensible to use- more examples would help a lot.
      In the new 2.2 help index - the describtion of the VrayHairMtl is very good - a lot of examples and tests - but not how to use with Hair & Fur (I think most of us work with hair and fur or vrayfur).
      But - don`t care - I´m very happy with vray and its support (you won`t get any reply from anyone at saturday evening )
      Have a nice weekend.

Comment

but not how to use with Hair & Fur (I think most of us work with hair and fur or vrayfur).
        Well, that was probably a mistake on my part because I thought this would be obivous. I added a note at the end of the Hair&Fur page here: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R...htm#custom_mtl

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

For some reason SolidRocks doesn't work with this release. I know that's probably not your problem, but I figured I should mention it here, since Jerome hasn't responded to the cries for help on his forum.
          - Geoff

Comment

Is there a particular error message?

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

The interface comes up, but the initialization window doesn't go away, and it doesn't change the render settings.
              - Geoff

Comment

Great update. What exactly does the "VFB: added ICC color correction to the V-Ray VFB" option do though? Loading different ICC profiles doesn't seem to do anything - I've tried checking all of the "Use..." options in the vfb as well. Tried rerendering too after setting the profile.
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yes, you describe the settings - but not how to use them - example the Lens_Effects in 2.0. I was very happy when i saw the lens effect (because i`m not a friend of post processing) but it is to sensible to use- more examples would help a lot.
                  In the new 2.2 help index - the describtion of the VrayHairMtl is very good - a lot of examples and tests - but not how to use with Hair & Fur (I think most of us work with hair and fur or vrayfur).
                  But - don`t care - I´m very happy with vray and its support (you won`t get any reply from anyone at saturday evening )
                  Have a nice weekend.
                  I have prepared a mini tutorial for Vray Lens Effects last month. You can check it on my web site www.pixela-3d.com if you are still interested.
                  for my blog and tutorials:
                  www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Very nice tutorial - thanks for link.

Comment

Glad that it is useful for you
                      for my blog and tutorials:
                      www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Originally posted by YoyoBoy View Post
                        For some reason SolidRocks doesn't work with this release. I know that's probably not your problem, but I figured I should mention it here, since Jerome hasn't responded to the cries for help on his forum.
                        Jerome is on it and we will have solidrocks working in a few days...
                        paolo vaja
                        www.3d-arch.it

Comment

Thanks Chaosgroup.
                          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

V-Ray 2.20.01 for 3dsMax cannot handle multi-byte character path. (irradiance map, light Cache, RAW image etc.)

Vlado. Please read email.

Urgent fix is hoped.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                            oakcorp.net
                            v-ray.jp

Comment

you guys did an awesome work with the new hair shader! very impressive! we where very keen to test that one. the other changes an features need still some time to get explored
                              what a great Christmas gift

thanks allot!!!
                              best regards
                              MathTheRender

emoticom AG
                              www.emoticom.ch

Comment

Originally posted by flat View Post
                                V-Ray 2.20.01 for 3dsMax cannot handle multi-byte character path. (irradiance map, light Cache, RAW image etc.)

Vlado. Please read email.

Urgent fix is hoped.
                                Yes, yes, uploading a fix now.

Best regards,
                                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                                X