Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 2.20.02 hotfix

Hello,

An updated build, 2.20.02 is available now from the website, replacing the previous 2.20.01. The following critical issues were fixed:

(*) Problem with multi-byte characters for GI cache files, V-Ray proxy files etc.
    (*) Problem with material editor after rendering to a .vrimg file;
    (*) Crash with VRayLensEffects;
    (*) Issue with dome lights and GI on matte materials;
    (*) UI issue with VRayHairInfoTex;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: increasing GPU memory usage in animations;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: optimized version of the OpenCL code is now included;

Note: The nVidia drivers require about 4.5 GB of RAM to compile the optimized OpenCL code. Make sure you have it free.

Thanks to everyone who reported the issues and apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

is 2.20.02 the last version ?

cos i am send a job to farm with "Console created, V-Ray Adv 2.20.03 ... "
    ?!?

andre

Comment

What does the optimized opencl do if I may ask ?

Thanks, bye.
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

After updating to this most resent version, after rendering few buckets my computer gets frozen.. progress window some time gets blank, sometime shows no progress.. & my computer gets stable only after finishing the complete render... if i try to cancel render it take long time to stop or sometimes it doesnt even stop.. I have 12GB ram, scene is very basic, not so heavy. Am i doing any thing wrong?
        Prateek Vishwa
        sigpic
        www.prateekvishwa.com
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/PVDS/161239543925007

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeMarine1 View Post
          cos i am send a job to farm with "Console created, V-Ray Adv 2.20.03 ... "
          Yes, this is the one.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by prateekvishwa View Post
            After updating to this most resent version, after rendering few buckets my computer gets frozen.. progress window some time gets blank, sometime shows no progress.. & my computer gets stable only after finishing the complete render... if i try to cancel render it take long time to stop or sometimes it doesnt even stop.. I have 12GB ram, scene is very basic, not so heavy. Am i doing any thing wrong?
            The new builds tend to stress CPUs a bit more. It might help to check the "Low thread priority" option in the System rollout.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Hello, thanks for update !
              (*) V-Ray RT GPU: optimized version of the OpenCL code is now included;
              Does this means that RT GPU is faster in this build ?
              Jérôme Prévost.
              SolidRocks, the V-Ray Wizard.
              http://solidrocks.subburb.com

Comment

It is faster than it was in the original 2.20 build on the site. The speed compared to the previous service pack is roughly the same.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

We are updating to vray_adv_22002_max2012_x64.exe with success on windows 7 machines but no luck on win xp 64. The installer basically crushes giving this windows error:

Error Report Contents

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
                  <DATABASE>
                  <EXE NAME="vray_adv_22002_max2012_x64.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="vray_adv_22002_max2012_x64.exe" SIZE="82612969" CHECKSUM="0xC999909C" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x6AE68" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="12/12/2011 09:53:55" UPTO_LINK_DATE="12/12/2011 09:53:55" />
                  </EXE>
                  <EXE NAME="ntdll.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="ntdll.dll" SIZE="1267200" CHECKSUM="0xB5CEA4C0" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.2.3790.4789" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.2.3790.4789" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.2.3790.4789" FILE_DESCRIPTION="NT Layer DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.2.3790.4789 (srv03_sp2_gdr.101019-0340)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="ntdll.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="ntdll.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x13764F" LINKER_VERSION="0x50002" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.2.3790.4789" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.2.3790.4789" LINK_DATE="10/22/2010 12:27:15" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/22/2010 12:27:15" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
                  </EXE>
                  <EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="1504256" CHECKSUM="0x5CD29B99" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.2.3790.4480" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.2.3790.4480" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.2.3790.4480" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.2.3790.4480 (srv03_sp2_gdr.090321-1244)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x1773D3" LINKER_VERSION="0x50002" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.2.3790.4480" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.2.3790.4480" LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 16:59:09" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 16:59:09" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
                  </EXE>
                  </DATABASE>

Any suggestions?

Comment

Are you running the installer from a network location? If yes, then try copying it locally to the machine.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

you're right, works pretty at same speed. Was just forced to reduce the ray bundle size with this update to avoid a crash.

are passes planned in a near future, or it can be useful to write a script for basic passes, like Wire, AO, mat ID... ?

Thanks again for your hard work... thinking now to buy a second gtx 580
                      Jérôme Prévost.

Comment

We need to upgrade the shader pipeline a bit first and make it more flexible; once we do it, it will be a lot easier to that kind of stuff.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Great new. Take your (necessary) time
                          Vray and RT are already amazing as they are. congrats.
                          Jérôme Prévost.

Comment

Working...
                          X