Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 2.30.01 available for download

Hello,

V-Ray 2.30.01 is now available for download from our web site. The change log since the previous release is as follows:

Build 2.30.01 official (28 April 2012)
    ==============

New features:
    (*) Support for 3ds Max 2013;
    (*) Support for the new shading features of Hair&Fur in 3ds Max 2013;
    (*) VRayOrnatrixMod: support for Ornatrix 2.0;
    (*) Added a "Matte for reflection/refraction" option to the VRayWrapperMtl material and the V-Ray object settings;
    (*) V-Ray RT and V-Ray RT GPU: support for motion blur (transformation and deformation) both in ActiveShade mode and as a production renderer;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: added a CUDA engine, in addition to OpenCL (64-bit builds only; requires a Fermi or Kepler card and the newest nVidia drivers);

Modified features:
    (*) VRayHDRI: added crop/place options to VRayHDRI;
    (*) VRayHDRI: added Output and curves rollout to VRayHDRI;
    (*) VRayOrnatrixMod: support for Ornatrix thickness maps;
    (*) vrimg2exr: added support for RLE compression method for OpenEXR files to vrimg2exr;
    (*) VFB: the V-Ray VFB ICC color correction now takes into account the gamma value from the Color Mapping settings of V-Ray;
    (*) Support for motion blur of V-Ray mesh lights;
    (*) Added the possibility to specify a preview mesh for the vrayMeshExport MaxScript function;
    (*) Reduced memory usage and increased speed for dynamic geometry (proxies, displacement etc) in specific situations;
    (*) VRayPTex: increased the default cache size for VRayPTex textures;
    (*) V-Ray scene converter: now converts IES lights and mr sun/sky in a Daylight system;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: support for sub-pixel filtering;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: ability to use full resolution textures;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: option to specify material texture bit depth to help control GPU memory usage;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray materials saved as using Realistic viewport preview did not show up in the Direct3D viewports;
    (*) VRayOrnatrixMod: hair radius was clamped (very small values rendered thicker than they should);
    (*) VRayHairInfoTex: fixed invalid material colors;
    (*) VRayHairMtl: fixed occasional crashes;
    (*) VRaySimbiontMtl: fixed a crash when creating a VRaySimbiontMtl in the material editor in 3ds Max 2012;
    (*) Fixed crashes with Particle Flow and motion blur;
    (*) Fixed crashes with motion blur on meshes with changing topology;
    (*) V-Ray RT: VRaySoftBox texture didn't work in V-Ray RT;
    (*) V-Ray RT: "Reload" button in VRayHDRI did not work properly in 3ds Max 2009;
    (*) V-Ray RT: fixed a crash when closing the ActiveShade window with the "Auto update bitmaps" option enabled;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Crashes when scrubbing the time line with the ActiveShade window open;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: a VRaySun light illuminated the scene even if it was disabled;
    (*) Textures in the V-Ray environment slots did not show up in the Asset Tracker;
    (*) VRayLensEffects: fixed crashes in specific situations;
    (*) The V-Ray DR spawner did not work without administrator privileges;
    (*) VRayEnvironmentFog: fixed incorrect rendering with scaled mesh gizmos;
    (*) VRayEnvironmentFog: fixed issues interface issues when switching between different VRayEnvironmentFog effects;
    (*) VRayShadowMap: fixed artifacts when rendered with VrayEnvironmentFog;
    (*) VRayProxy: Proxy sequences loaded with '#' characters did not render with motion blur;
    (*) VFB: Rendering failed when any of the render effects was enabled and "Render to memory frame buffer" was turned off;
    (*) VFB: The "Show V-Ray VFB" command did nothing if the VFB was minimized;
    (*) VFB: Fixed UI freeze if compare mode was turned on in the VFB and the user tried to render;
    (*) VFB: When the VFB history was closed, it reopened on the next render;
    (*) VRayPTex: Fixed artifacts in the reflection render element when using VRayPtex textures;
    (*) imapviewer: fixed slowdown when merging light maps;
    (*) VRayColor2Bump: fixed an issue large render resolutions;
    (*) VRayDisplacementMod: fixed possible cracks between different subdivision levels when using subdivision displacement;

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

any word on when vray 1.5 for maxdesign 2013?
    thanks
    Originally posted by 3DMK
    do I want to be a rich business man or a poor artist?

caddworkx

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

(*) Added a "Matte for reflection/refraction" option to the VRayWrapperMtl material and the V-Ray object settings;
      How does this function exactley work ?

Best regards

Björn
      visit my behance profile

Comment

thanks for the info, looks like a good update!

couple of questions.

Can you get sub pixel mapping in normal RT or just RT GPU.

Can you scrub the timeline in RT an it update.

Also, is it going to be much longer to get the bump shader ala Vray for Maya?

Comment

Originally posted by Björn Radler View Post

Best regards

Björn
          Yea, I would love to know how this works technically, or how it's different from the current VrayWrapperMtl. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Björn Radler View Post

Best regards

Björn
            Just turn it on in the object settings of the receiver, but remember to activate "color+alpha" or "all channels" in its shader as well (reflection - refraction params).
            Works in the same way with the wrapper material, but as far as i've tried there's a little bug in the interface: you need to turn "matte object" on in order to check the "matte for refl/refr" option, but then you need to turn "matte object" off otherwise you won't have any alpha.
            KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Great update Vlado. Love it.

Comment

Would be great if it was possible to have the shadows options for the matte in refraction/reflection. As in render only the shadow there, similar to the non-refracted/reflected behaviour of matte on, shadows on and affect alpha. To generate proper shadows in reflections on matte objects.

Regards,
                Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                  Would be great if it was possible to have the shadows options for the matte in refraction/reflection. As in render only the shadow there, similar to the non-refracted/reflected behaviour of matte on, shadows on and affect alpha. To generate proper shadows in reflections on matte objects.
                  Yes, it was mentioned in another thread, but I'm having a hard time understanding what the result should look like. Can you post an image?

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                    I think I know what you mean.

1. You have a car.
                    2. You turn the floor into a matte.
                    3. The floor has a shadow > you want that shadow to reflect in car body
                    4. When rendering, you want the floor shadow to have an alpha

Correct?

Comment

That's exactly what you have right now, no?

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

I can't test it now cause I'm in the middle of an animation render. I'll create a demo scene later.

Comment

With 3dsMax Japanese version.
                          The problem out of which a MaxScript error comes at the time of a start is not solved.
                          Intermixture Japanese, Korean, and Chinese results from vrayutils_local.ms.

There are many questions from our customers.
                          I support by overwriting vrayutils_local.ms customized to the customer.

hope early supporting.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                          oakcorp.net
                          v-ray.jp

Comment

We could not find a way to reproduce this. We tried many combinations (Japanese Windows/Japanese 3ds Max, English Windows/Japanese 3ds Max, Japanese Windows/English 3ds Max), but it seems to work fine here. Still, will keep looking.

By the way, can you send us your fixed copy of the script?

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

I will try and provide a bunch of clarification images. Maybe i just used it wrong and it works the way i'd expect it.

Kind regards,
                              Thorsten

Comment

Working...
                              X