Chaos Group Announces V-Ray Application SDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Group Announces V-Ray Application SDK

Chaos Group announces the V-Ray Application SDK: a user-friendly API enabling software developers to integrate and deploy V-Ray’s advanced ray tracing capabilities in third-party applications.

The V-Ray Application SDK reduces development time and expands functionality by leveraging the full power of V-Ray.

This new API is simple and flexible, supporting multiple programming languages including, C, C++, .Net, Java, and Node.js (JavaScript).

Key features include:

• Single image rendering in Production, RT CPU and RT GPU modes
    • Multi-threaded processing
    • Distributed Rendering across multiple nodes
    • Simple classes and interfaces
    • Strongly typed structures and events in Java and .Net
    • Image rendering using in-process and out-of-process boundaries
    • Support for V-Ray’s native .vrscene file format

“V-Ray is well-known for achieving photorealism at unparalleled speeds, making it the rendering engine of choice for many CG professionals. Chaos Group is proud to deliver this unique product to the developer community, to serve not only the needs of visual effects and design professionals, but to all industries where advanced ray tracing can be used. The official release of the V-Ray Application SDK will grant access to V-Ray’s optimized core, creating unlimited possibilities for V-Ray integration in third-party Apps,” said Boris Simandoff, V-Ray SDK Product Manager at Chaos Group.

Complete documentation includes sample applications and source code to help developers get started. The V-Ray Application SDK is expected to be available in Q3 2012.

Supported Operating Systems:

• Windows (64-bit)
    • Linux (64-bit)

To apply for the V-Ray Application SDK program contact the Chaos Group team at vraysdk@chaosgroup.com
    Last edited by chaosmarketing; 11-06-2012, 03:11 AM.

Does this mean we are one step closer to Katana?

Comment

No, this announcement has nothing to do with V-Ray for Katana. V-Ray for Katana is a separate development and is in quite an advanced stage already, although not particularly well tested yet.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'm not a programmer so not sure what all this means, Vlado could you give some examples of what could be made with it?
        www.suurland.com
        www.cg-source.com
        www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

same question here...

I suppose something like a standalone realtime application...it could be for example an high end 3d model viewer...

But as suurland I'm not a programmer, so I can't understand very well the possibilities....

Comment

It would allow you, for example, to create a standalone or a web application or a module for another application that loads models from a .vrscene file (or creates a scene internally from scratch), renders it (either with V-Ray RT or the regular V-Ray), changes parts of the scene (like materials of objects, or move objects or the camera around) and displays the new result... stuff like that.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

or a videogame...if computing power could be available...

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post
                or a videogame...if computing power could be available...
                It's funny, but that's exactly one of the examples in the SDK It's a very simple thing of course.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

wow.. could bring a whole new level to the "hardcore gaming" community.. personal renderfarms to do distributed rendering for the latest game.

although i guess services like "Onlive" are already touching on this subject. ..

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    It's funny, but that's exactly one of the examples in the SDK It's a very simple thing of course.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    Vlado...is it possible to view a video of this example??

I'm very curious...

Comment

Working...
                    X