Vray 2.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.4?

Automotive industries & product industries are filled with rumors and often sneak peaks to get everyone excited about the up and coming... which is why I've started this post as I'm eager to get a glimps of what's to come and what's been addressed, particulalry in the GPU department. Any news / hints of what we can expect and when?

Thanks fellas, and keep up the great work!
    Cheers!
    Jake

You will see for yourself soon enough

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Oh man if there is work done on GPU that can address automotive industry... Some1 will end up jumping like 4 y old child on a table... !
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
        Oh man if there is work done on GPU that can address automotive industry... Some1 will end up jumping like 4 y old child on a table... !
        I think you need to time travel 3-5 years into the future
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Nah its not that distant... Iray 2 and 3 ver is getting very solid for automotive. Also their new car paint shader is pretty epic. Bunkspeed is starting to be an option and Vred is already kicking in in high end industry soo... cmon vray !!
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

As far as the car paint shader is concerned, it is already supported on the GPU in the nightly builds; it will also be extended a bit for the next service pack.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I'd just like to see more support for existing vray stuff. I was a bit perplexed to find today that I had no option but to use GI - I just wanted to see what my lights were doing :\

Comment

Originally posted by duke2 View Post
                I was a bit perplexed to find today that I had no option but to use GI - I just wanted to see what my lights were doing :\
                You can always set the GI depth to 0...

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Looking forward for the next service pack. How can we get access to the nightly builds?

Best regards,
                  Nikos
                  Nikos Nikolopoulos
                  http://www.renderslave.co.uk

Comment

You can email our support guys at vray@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
                      Nah its not that distant... Iray 2 and 3 ver is getting very solid for automotive. Also their new car paint shader is pretty epic. Bunkspeed is starting to be an option and Vred is already kicking in in high end industry soo... cmon vray !!
                      I disagree about Bunkspeed. Bunkspeed removed one useful feature after another. And every patch release something new is broken. I made the switch to vray because the demands went up and bunkspeed just couldn't keep up anymore.
                      I'm not saying the software is comepletly useless which would not be fair. But there are cheaper Products which offer the same functionality.
                      Last edited by Mokiki; 19-09-2012, 02:03 AM.
                      Cheers,
                      Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Any news on 2.4 yet ? I thought vray was at Siggraph recently but I cannot find any videos or anything..
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
                          Any news on 2.4 yet ? I thought vray was at Siggraph recently but I cannot find any videos or anything..
                          I also have to say, it would be awesome to see some presentations you guys held at Siggraph Singapore. Especially the V-RAY 3.0 sneak peek.

Comment

yes that would be fine...

Comment

Me too, I would love to see what's in the pipe line for next year, and I presume fee is coming too?

I won't be updating my autism sub next year but would pay for vray updates.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X