RailClone Lite/Pro 2.0.3 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RailClone Lite/Pro 2.0.3 released

I'm pleased to announce a major update of RailClone, our parametric modelling plugin for 3DS Max. In this update, the plugin has been rewritten from scratch, introducing significate improvements over version 1.x.

RailClone 2 Key Features List

- Easy-to-use style editor using a familiar node-based UI.
    - Create, Save, and share custom styles using the fully customizable library browser.
    - Use predefined styles from an expanding library of over 280 predefined objects including Fences, Railings, Barriers, Traffic, Walls and much more.
    - Create 1D or 2D arrays, target each part of the array with different Segments or create sequences and conditional rule sets.
    - Using the new Points-Cloud display, even objects made from thousands of segments can be easily previewed in the viewports, making modification simple and maintaining effortless interactivity.
    - Use V-Ray and Mental Ray’s native geometry shaders to automatically create instances on-the-fly. Create huge parametric objects, made from thousands of detailed parts, quickly and easily.
    - Advanced algorithms deform geometry to follow curvilinear paths or create double-curved 2D arrays. With RailClone2 sloped walls, handrail stairs, domes, and stepped fences are no longer a problem in 3DS Max.
    - Manipulate segments using operators. Easily mirror, combine, sequence, randomize material IDs or geometry, and create conditional rule sets all from within the style editor.
    - Link properties to numerical parameter nodes to control multiple objects from a single input. Use arithmetic operations to build mathematical relationships between properties.
    - Use closed splines to crop object geometry.
    - Compatible with RailClone 1.x styles.

RailClone Lite version is freely available to download in our website.
    Carlos Quintero
    iToo Software
    www.itoosoft.com

Thank you!

Comment

nice, I look forward to trying it out!

Comment

Great stuff. Already downloaded the update. I wish those books featured in the video came as part of the library
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
          Great stuff. Already downloaded the update. I wish those books featured in the video came as part of the library
          Probably we will add it for a next update. For this release we have been really busy with the code, so there was little time to improve the library.
          Carlos Quintero
          iToo Software
          www.itoosoft.com

Comment

That would be fantastic. Looking forward to it. I wonder if it would also be possible to have an area where users can upload their own presets ?
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

That would be fantastic. Looking forward to it. I wonder if it would also be possible to have an area where users can upload their own presets ?
              This is a great idea.

Comment

It's a good idea, but i see several problems: we should check each file, checking there are not copyrighted files, broken styles and so. Also, since RaiClone uses a Max scene to store the preset, we would get a mess of files with different Max versions. We create our presets using Max 9 (which sometimes it's a pain... i must add), so they are compatible will all Max versions.
                Carlos Quintero
                iToo Software
                www.itoosoft.com

Comment

Working...
                X