No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.10.01 available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, finally found the Vrayinstancer in the online manual...

So this confirms that I can´t replace the objects in the pflow with exact instances of themselves, but rather have a list of identical objects which are then redistributed cyclic or random.
    So like I guessed, this could still work if I don´t mind the inaccuracy (since the objects in pflow would of course collide differently then the objects the instancer would replace them with)....which I guess I don´t in this case...
    It would still be nice to have that feature, but I guess I could just install the update first and try it out before complaining about missing features...

I´m already loving it, thanks chaosgroup!

Comment

Originally posted by ben_hamburg View Post
      So this confirms that I can´t replace the objects in the pflow with exact instances of themselves, but rather have a list of identical objects which are then redistributed cyclic or random.
      Yes; I see what you need though - hopefully there is a way to do it for the next SP.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Has anyone got the VRayInstancer working with 3D motion blur? I turned up the geometry samples and I still get straight lines. I take it VRayInstancer is currently only sampled per frame?

Comment

Originally posted by Badbullet View Post
          Has anyone got the VRayInstancer working with 3D motion blur? I turned up the geometry samples and I still get straight lines. I take it VRayInstancer is currently only sampled per frame?
          Yes, Geometry samples option currently is not taken into account when render particles with the V-Ray Instancer. We will fix it.
          Thank you very much for your feedback.
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Badbullet View Post
            3D motion blur works fine, but we only sample the particle position and velocity once per frame right now. As Svetlozar noted, multiple geometry samples are on the "to do" list.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Hi guys , first of all i wanna say great work on the vray 3 . amazing work you guys did .
              2nd i've been catching up & reading on this forum & testing all the new features , i came across few things that after searching the forum didnt find an answer for

the first thing ( im new to embree so bear with me )
              im not getting the use embree for proxy rollout i have an i7 920@ 2.66 Ghz
              2nd thing i can't get atmosperic effects to work with RT cpu

after reading alot of post i know these two feature should be working fine

thanks
              www.kobo9.ch

Comment

Originally posted by khoross View Post
                Hi guys , first of all i wanna say great work on the vray 3 . amazing work you guys did .
                2nd i've been catching up & reading on this forum & testing all the new features , i came across few things that after searching the forum didnt find an answer for

the first thing ( im new to embree so bear with me )
                im not getting the use embree for proxy rollout i have an i7 920@ 2.66 Ghz
                2nd thing i can't get atmosperic effects to work with RT cpu

after reading alot of post i know these two feature should be working fine

thanks
                Thanks for your positive feedback.

In order to take the advantage of the Embree raycaster for Proxy objects, please make sure that you are using the latest service pack V-Ray 3.10.03 and Embree is enabled from the System roll-out.
                I assume that you are trying to render V-Ray Environment fog with RT? Unfortunately it is not supported yet.
                Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

how close is the new maya version.?

Comment

thanks for your reply .
                    got overwhelmed by all of the features & videos tutorials .
                    i tought i saw envfog rendered in RT mode. i have the latest build installed
                    should i get a check box for embree for proxy or it just work when i check embree .

Best Regards
                    www.kobo9.ch

Comment

The env fog is not translated for the RT engine yet; I'll see if we can include it in the next SP.

There is no separate checkbox for proxies with Embree. It works automatically when you enable Embree.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        The env fog is not translated for the RT engine yet; I'll see if we can include it in the next SP.

Vlado
                        Would love to see this...

-Alan

Comment

Yavor is already working on this... it's still CPU only though.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Working...
                          X