Build 3.20 available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!
    This is really a BIG release with lots of cool Stuff and now i can finally use a real 2016 Version (and also got Forestpack for it)

I totally love the new Proxy Styles!!! finally no more Triangle-Salad .. but i have to redo all my stuff.. but thats also good because i use to much old garbage

Super best regards, Daniel!!
    Daniel Krassnig / http://www.vistral-3d-visualisierung.de/ / Architektur Visualisierungen

Comment

Originally posted by krassi View Post
      finally no more Triangle-Salad
      I like that phrase, right after "triangle soup"

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hahaha ! Yeah and some nice Triangle Bread too ... Well this is actually the best and most awaited feature about the new version for my workflow.. i made some tests and the "best Quality" setting is really the best for me.. the "medium quality" has the cool thing that it seems to make "a minimum Value" so even if i enter a higher polygon value it uses less...

well its nice to finally see the proxy geometrie and even in a very cool reduced style + the "Show original" feature.. my eyes love it and the "proxy triangle-salad" was the biggest FPS killer when working with big scenes..... i even like this more than the Pointclouds i have with forestpack.. its solid geometry!
        .. Oh i just made a test with a scene..WOW when i export 350 decoration objects in ONE exportsession, it keeps the groups, looks pretty good and exports 350 proxys.. Jesus.. thats a timesaver!!!

so best thing ever3000

seeya daniel...
        Last edited by krassi; 01-06-2015, 10:38 AM. Reason: because the proxys are more awesome than i thought
        Daniel Krassnig / http://www.vistral-3d-visualisierung.de/ / Architektur Visualisierungen

Comment

Originally posted by Art48 View Post
          That is an EPIC Update.
          QFA

I'd STRONGLY encourage you guys to try out an LC/LC render of some simple, diffuse-only, interior scene, with and without "leak prevention" on.
          What you will see will make you smile, I'm sure.
          Well, I grinned like an idiot for a while, while testing it.

Add in QMC for RT, VRayVolumeGrid, the work done on Proxies (with instancing preservation: trilliongasm of polys), the VFB (history with recallable settings? wow.), and the steady, constant work at UI, defaults, and workflow refinement, and you have the recipe for quite the "point" release indeed.
          Kudos to all those involved!
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

A very very big SP release. Congrats and kudos. Great stuff in there!

Cheers,
            Thorsten

Comment

Some official youtube vids for SP2 like those for SP1?
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                Some official youtube vids for SP2 like those for SP1?
                Yes, will be coming up later in the week.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Sounds like a great release ! Thank You.

Comment

Awesome. Thank you Chaosgroup. Thank you Vlado!
                    A.

---------------------
                    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Amazing work on the service pack. Big thanks to everyone involved. Great job!
                      Cheers,
                      Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Is there documentation for these new features ? I'm trying to work out how to turn on/off DR machines on the fly.
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Most of the new features are documented already, but this one is not yet. The DR servers can be added/removed from the 3ds Max render progress dialog - see the attachment. DR needs to be enabled before rendering for the V-Ray rollout to appear.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Vlado. Very useful.
                            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

(*) VFB: Can be zoomed in/out with the regular +/-/* keys (useful for remote access from mobile devices);
                              This ones not working for me when using Chrome Remote Desktop. Tried a few different keyboards as well. Does it work for anyone else?
                              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
                                This ones not working for me when using Chrome Remote Desktop. Tried a few different keyboards as well. Does it work for anyone else?
                                This one I couldn't test; CRD never worked for me.

I tested with LogMeIn and Remote Desktop.

Note that you must first click somewhere in the VFB image so that it gets the keyboard focus.

Best regards,
                                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                                X