V-Ray 3.30.01 BETA! available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danio View Post
    OK - I'll try to package up a scene from work tomorrow that I was having trouble with. I'm fairly sure I had dropped the subdivs multiplier on the trees and was still getting fairly slow results but I'll double check that. They were just proxies, no Forest Pro. In general the buckets would crank through the architecture and then land on the tree leaves and halt for a longer time than previously.
    Ok, then I definitely want to take a look.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Just installed 3.3 beta and was wondering: because I have my own maxstart file that has my custom vray preset, I have my own settings loaded for a fresh scene. But I noticed that when I installed 3.3, the MSR default has changed and has updated my fresh scene. That's great! But previously when I installed a new version (the update that included LC leak prevention) the LC defaults did not change. Do you think that with each release, perhaps you could include a preset or just a txt file of what the vray defaults are at present so I can update my maxstart scene accordingly?

Cheers,
      James
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

edit:bah, off topic.
        The good reply is that all there is to do is RENAME your "default" preset, and everything will return to factory defaults.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

mmkaaaay I'll give that a go. thanks, Lele
          James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
          Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Excellent news, I love it!
            I've always wondered though if theres a possibility or a way to use the VRayEdgesTex's rounded corner feature on CAD meshes which have a lot of internal triangles? WIll it work on only the outer edges somehow?
            Software:
            Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
            3ds Max 2016 SP4
            V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
            Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
            64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Originally posted by Art48 View Post
              Excellent news, I love it!
              I've always wondered though if theres a possibility or a way to use the VRayEdgesTex's rounded corner feature on CAD meshes which have a lot of internal triangles? WIll it work on only the outer edges somehow?
              I can confirm. Tested it yesterday, will post some images later.
              https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

yeah, the "somehow" part is the tricky one the guys got so very right... :P
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

So it works now just like that? slap the texture in the bump slot? and it just works on the "proper" edges?
                  Software:
                  Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                  3ds Max 2016 SP4
                  V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                  Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
                  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
                  64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

you can choose to do convex, concave, or both types, yes.
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Things are still looking good. I just tried this Evermotion exterior scene. With Evermotion's subdivs and their IM/LC setup as GI, it renders in 51 minutes.

With Adaptive, MSR = 6, Color Threshold = 0.01 and BF/LC, it renders in 38 minutes. Not too shabby for the fire-and-forget render defaults.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vray33_CT001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	858861

One small tricky issue that is probably unrelated to the Vray 3.3 Beta: If you look at the top of the tree on the left, there is some blown out highlights which doesn't render if I just open the original scene and hit render. The Vray Sun (only light) is coming from above and a little behind, so those are obviously sun reflections in the leaf.

But I cant seem to get rid of them with neither Max intensity, clamp color or making the Vray sun invisible. I did a render with Color Threshold at 0.008 and they got more controlled/refined to point that their look natural enough once I have tone mapped the exr file in Adobe Camera Raw. Oh, and enabling sub pixels didn't resolve them either. Oh well, a finer Color Threshold helped.

Comment

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
                        ???

It's still there

Missing in 3dsmax 2016x64.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax2016x64-ENV-Panel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	858862
                        Last edited by AtlJimK; 11-11-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WilleViz View Post
                          One small tricky issue that is probably unrelated to the Vray 3.3 Beta: If you look at the top of the tree on the left, there is some blown out highlights which doesn't render if I just open the original scene and hit render. The Vray Sun (only light) is coming from above and a little behind, so those are obviously sun reflections in the leaf.
                          There was a similar issue in another thread for glass and metal balls. Vlado resolved it by slightly lowering the refelction and refraction glossy spinner
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                            There was a similar issue in another thread for glass and metal balls. Vlado resolved it by slightly lowering the refelction and refraction glossy spinner
                            Thanks for the tip, but they already are at 0,6 and 0,5. Anyway, the VRaySampleRate shows that Vray are sampling the highlight most, and trying to troubleshoot an Evermotion scene might not be the best to do in this thread. I think I will redo the material and see whether that change anything.

Comment

Vlado,

Are edu clients excluded from the beta trial....? I had beta tested Vray for Maya before on my edu account was wondering if this is possible this go around.

Thanks, J

Comment

Originally posted by AtlJimK View Post
                                Missing in 3dsmax 2016x54.
                                Use the physical exposure control instead.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                                X