Updated irradiance map viewer an .ply to .vrmesh converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated irradiance map viewer an .ply to .vrmesh converter

An updated version of the imap viewer is available on our site once you log in, in the Docs section; there is also a small utility for converting (large) .ply files to .vrmesh files for rendering.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

i have no idea what ply is but it looks like the imap converter can be automated now...very cool...
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

The .ply file format is a mesh-description format; it is used sometimes for scanned 3d models - for example, the models from the Stanford scanning repository are available in .ply format.

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

.ply converter...

Vlado,

Interestingly enough, I was laboring last evening with attempts to download and convert the Lucy model on the Stanford site.

Have you successfully converted tha tmodel? It might help me a great deal.

jojo

Comment

Re: .ply converter...

Vlado,

Interestingly enough, I was laboring last evening with attempts to download and convert the Lucy model on the Stanford site.

Have you successfully converted tha tmodel? It might help me a great deal.
          Yep, it works. The converter works with any of the standford models that we have tested it with.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

ya it works great! Ive never tried rendering one of them, and man it takes a long time to render that many polys. The crappy lighting is due to using a make shift lightdome. skylight just seemed to take sooo long.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Nice one Percy

-dave
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

its funny but I reopened the scene later and the vrmesh appeared gone. even rendered and it wasn't showing up though it said it was in the scene. So I reimported it from scratch and low and behold, it rendered alot faster for some reason. was even able to use GI and it was no big deal...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Nice Percy... I think I will make one too...

BTW... Vlado: These utils are located under Docs, sorta hard to find. Can you place a link from the main download page telling people that these utils exist here?

Comment

thanks.. I think I definitely chose to test it out on the biggest mofo model on that page...lol

Comment

Ok here you go... did a 1k and saved the IR map for it (90 mins for that) then resued the IR map to see how big I could go. Did a 5kx3k and did it in 52 mins.

Other stats. Did a slight reflection with Fresnel, Used an HDRI fill with a Vray arealight for key.

Used the Dynamic option in the system tad so I never went above 1gig of ram.

Can send you the full 5k jpg on request.

Fun way to play around on a Sunday huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X