Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chaos Group forums policy.

Hey all,

First of let me wish you a Happy New Year with all the best wishes throughout the year and many thanks for the support from all of you.

As many of our valued registered customers are often complaining of people who obviously are not registered V-Ray users, but do ask lots of questions and waste valuable users time, and for some other reasons as well - we are planning to change the general policy of access to our V-Ray forums website/section.

All the V-Ray forum users will be able to read and browse throughout the forum, but only the V-Ray customers will be able to post anything there.

There will be a special public section where everybody will be able to post anything for the people who are using the demo and the free versions of V-Ray.

We hope to improve the communication between the users of the forum as the V-Ray customers will be able to have more confidence in one another here.

We will additionally post more information on how and when exactly this will happen and how all of you can link your forum identities to your V-Ray accounts.
    Peter
    ...keep walking...

i guess thats ok as long as everyone will be able to read all posts, and there is a forum for newbie questions, as you describe it.

this should help getting rid of the "flickering" posts.
    although it's a home cooked problem IMO.
    it was funny for a while but i think this kind of traps won't help anything in reality. all we got are tons of "flickering" posts all over the web (where you can't control it). it doesn't leave a good taste for those who don't know the real reason behind it.

i have this feeling that the 2005 bug is kind of related with some copy protection trap...hopefully there are no other ugly surprises

anyway, keep up the good work. most of the time things worked great, for software.
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Good Deal

--Jon

Comment

This is a good idea and totally agree.

Ismael

Comment

Sounds good, especially as long as you have to be a registered forum member in order to post to any of the forums.
          Surreal Structures
          http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

I agree as well. Good idea!

Tony

Comment

Two thumbs up here

-dave
              Cheers,
              -dave
              â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Thats allright

Tom

Comment

i will miss those "i have flickering background" posts.
                  Reflect, repent and reboot.
                  Order shall return.

Comment

This is what we have wanted for a while .... good job ..
                    Natty
                    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

What will it change?
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

well since peter said that only vray customers will be able to post, then I guess thatll change alot. How they are going to implement that will be interesting to see.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Maybe it will help avoid the "Will Vray work for Cinema4D, Softimage, Maya, StrataStudio Pro, InfiniD?" questions.

Comment

Sorry but, why avoid those questions Chris? They seem quite legitimate to me...

Comment

maybe because those questions are asked time and again, and could easily be found by a simple search.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                              X