X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 1.46.12 available

Build 1.46.12 - 10 February 2005:

Modified features:

* The light map has been renamed to "light cache" to avoid confusion with traditional "light map" textures used in game engines etc.
    * Reduced memory usage with static non-motion blurred geometry; some speed improvements as well.
    * Reduced memory usage for dynamic instanced geometry as well as for VRayProxy objects.
    * Reduced memory usage for static motion-blurred geometry; more robust raycasting for motion-blurred geometry; faster motion blur; faster multi-segmented motion blur.
    * The Dome light will not produce highlights.

Extended features:

* An option Use light cache for glossy rays has been added to the light cache parameters. This can speed up greatly rendering of scenes with lots of glossy reflections (at the expense of some accuracy).
    * Added a parameter Number of passes for the light cache; this allows to achieve the same light cache on single- and multi-processor machines while keeping the advantage of multithreading.
    * The Trace diffuse & glossy together parameter in the VRayMtl has been renamed to Treat glossy rays as GI rays and has some extended values.
    * A new option Time independent had been added to the QMC Sampler parameters to allow changing the QMC pattern from frame to frame in an animation.
    * A Max density parameter was added to the Caustics parameters with the same meaning as that for the photon map.

Bug fixes:

* Flipped proxies rendered as black.
    * VRayMtl with fog and glossy refraction was incorrect.
    * VRayMtl didn't update in the Material Editor if maps are dragged to the small map buttons.
    * DOF/Moblur + irradiance map + high Global subdivs multiplier could lead to splotches.
    * DOF/Moblur and the irradiance map pass take the full amount of samples when the Global subdivs multiplier is more than 1.0.
    * VRayLightMtl did not generate a self-illumination channel for the VFB.
    * Mouse tracking in the VRay VFB and changing region sequence was buggy.
    * Crashes when the x/y regions count for the image are explicitly specified and region sequence is set to Triangulation.
    * "Ink'N'Paint" material did not render correctly; "Adv. raytraced" and "Area shadows" shadow types did not render correctly.
    * RPC moving content did not update in animation.
    * Spherical VRayLight could cause splotches.
    * VRayBmpFilter did not update the button name when a texmap is dragged onto it.
    * The light cache could cause flickering in animations with dual machines - a new parameter Number of passes added to the light cache.
    * Bump maps with glossy reflections for rays that fall below the surface could slow down rendering a lot.
    * Crashes when attempting to write to a GBuffer which does not have any channels.
    * The VRay messages window was displayed in server mode.
    * Writing to a raw .vrimg file in animation could lead to crashes.
    * The VRay VFB didn't overwrite files.
    * VRayToon did not work properly with transparent objects and VRayLights.
    * Falloff map as an environment override in a VRayMtl could produce indeterminate results.
    * Distributed rendering from MaxScript did not render the correct view or crashed.
    * Caustics with Max photons set to 0 and Indirect illumination off could crash while calculating the caustics photon map.
    Peter
    ...keep walking...

.... you left out the kitchen sink...

great work, man we must seriously be close to 1.5 by now

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Yippeee. Can't wait to try.
      sigpic
      J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
      https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

lets try it tomorrow

Tom

Comment

Well, works great so far. Just two questions and one comment:

1. How should the "Use light cache for glossy rays" be used, and what does this affect? Is this supposed to speed up the irradiance map calcs, or is it another overall glossy interpolation technique? My test scene renders about twice as fast with this option checked (2 min 50 sec instead of 5 min 15 sec) without changing anything or using interpolation. I'm just wondering what it's actually doing.

2. What does the "trace diffuse and glossy together" change/affect? The GI contribution of the surface/object?

That's it... seems like a great build! Can't wait for 1.5...

Ohh, and also, I don't know if you noticed, but we may be using a light cache now instead of the lightmap, but when I hit 'render' it's still "building a lightmap"...

Comment

Also not mentioned is the new Colour mapping ... Intensity Exponential ? doesnt seem to do a great deal.
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Wow, and by the looks of it this version is no longer a BETA !!!
              This is the new stable build...according to the website anyway.

Looking good for 1.5 ^_^

Comment

which might be a problem, as its got some definite issues

visible changes to the fog/translucency http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...10391&start=50
                and some issues as yet un-tracked down with transparency in general http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...ic.php?t=10528

for people looking at updating..

that said, its a pretty fair to nice speed increase in 4 of the 6 scenes i've tried it in so far just dabbling currently.
                Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Yeah..i might change my statement....not such a good build to go "stable/non-beta" on IMO
                  But speed increase is good. 14min render down to 10min.

Comment

Hi the team !

Thank you for all your work and help !
                    You can be proud of your work, your talent and your kindness.

Good job.
                    Gael

Comment

Interpolation does not work in a Multi/Sub-Object Materials.

Comment

im outraged at this new build look at these images and tell me if you notice the difference?
                        http://www.elfpro3d.com/Ocean1/hotel_back3.jpg
                        http://www.elfpro3d.com/Ocean1/hotel_back4.jpg

i didnt do anything to the scene. just installed new version of vray opened max and clicked render. sheesh. do you see the difference? my render time went from almost 11 minutes down to almost 7 minutes. what right does chaos group have to make vray lower our render times like this. i tell you, its an outrage hehehe. naturally i couldnt keep a straight face while typing this great work guys

---------------------------------------------------
                        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

im outraged at this new build look at these images and tell me if you notice the difference?
                          http://www.elfpro3d.com/Ocean1/hotel_back3.jpg
                          http://www.elfpro3d.com/Ocean1/hotel_back4.jpg

i didnt do anything to the scene. just installed new version of vray opened max and clicked render. sheesh. do you see the difference? my render time went from almost 11 minutes down to almost 7 minutes. what right does chaos group have to make vray lower our render times like this. i tell you, its an outrage hehehe. naturally i couldnt keep a straight face while typing this great work guys
                          That was funny, confused me. I was comapring, trying to figure it out...thining at the same time, that you gone crazy. Then kepts reading to see what the problem was.
                          G1...tricked me

Comment

i'm sure 1.46.13 will rock.
                            right now i'm a bit scared of the strange glossy bugs reported.
                            Marc Lorenz
                            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                            www.marclorenz.com
                            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Elf: No anger, i'm amazingly happy that rendertimes are back down to near the old speeds again for very simple scenes.. just thought it best to post the PROBLEMS and DIFFERENCES threads here for people to know what they're getting into by diving into what is now labeled as the stable build, and is now the ONLY one on the login download page for non-internal tester folks..

yea its faster, but if you're relying on the sss or glossies from a previous scene to look the same.. well, lets say it would be a poor suprise

info=power

/shrug.
                              Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Working...
                              X