Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPC people walking on the spot with Vray.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the humour, Dan. Much needed right now.

I'm afraid Jacko is not the flavour of the month at the moment. I don't like the guy anyway, but when I got in this morning and found half the population of my movie moonwalking I dislike him some more.

I think I'll take a look at people-n-motion and stick a couple of their demos in for now.

There's nothing I should know about them is there?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has the world gone mad........................or is it me?

Comment

Not as far as I know but I've never used them. I sure others on here have though, if you do a search you'll find other posts relating to them. Should highlight any known issues.

Best of luck.......
      Dan Brew

Comment

I just pretend im doing bullet time and have people frozen in mid walk while I move the camera around them....lol

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Cheers Percy.

Shopping centre meets the Matrix. The client will love it.

Seriously. These people are walking on my PC and moonwalking on the other PC. I am just a little confused right now.

Here's my solution.......

I will start the walkthrough with everyone out of shot and hidden behind things. That way, if they moonwalk nobody will know.

Any brighter ideas are very welcome.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

wasnt there a problem with vray and rpc with the previous version? .. and vlado fixed the "not moving problem" i seem to remember ???
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

that problem was specified as the rpc cars, but might have fixed the people as well... prolly worth checking out.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

sounds like the same thing to me!
                Natty
                http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

according to the above he's stuck in the 1.09 build at the moment so I think he has to either bite the bullet and wait for an auth code for the new beta or render the RPC's in scanline and comp in after.

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

or render the RPC's in scanline and comp in after
                    Is it possible to do that with an animation? I have people walking in front of and behind objects.

How do you get the scanline and vray to work together?

Forgive my ignorance if that's a dumb question.

Comment

there are no dumb questions just dumb answers

I would resave the original file as a dummy file, select all objects but the rpc's and make them matte objects then render in scamline to tiff ot tga with alpha channel embeded then composite into your animation.

Thats the briefest way I can explain rite now but mite have time later if you need a better explanation or maby someone can chime in to better explain it.

Hope that helps a little,

-dave
                      Cheers,
                      -dave
                      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

well its about as simple as syclone explained. Give EVERYTHING BUT the rpcs a matte material, remove or turn of all lights (or turn off shadows)and render out as tiffs or tgs in scanline. Make sure you enable alpha channel in the bitmap format.

Comment

Thanks guys. That's a real help.

I will give it a try, though I'm afraid that I won't get it ready for this job. The deadline is tomorrow.

EDIT: What about reflections? In this scene we have bridges over water and as the camera passes there are people walking over. How would I get a reflection in the water if the people are rendered scanline and the water rendered in vray?

Are my RPCs destined to become vampires?

Comment

hope you made your deadline!

sorry i couldnt help more earlier as im a bit of a n00b with vray still but I did read in the bugfixes in vray 1.47.13 that animated RPC's will now animate properly so this would have been your best solution

animating people/ cars etc is much faster done on a seperate pass and then compositing afterwards in premiere for example

Comment

Working...
                            X