SELF ILLUMINATION SLOT .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SELF ILLUMINATION SLOT .......

....in the vray mat.....when will it be there ??? when ? will there ever be one at all ?

man that would be nice.... this should go in the wishlist section...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Yeah, that would truly be great.. Lots of times I'm forced to use standard mats because of this.

/Thomas
      www.suurland.com
      www.cg-source.com
      www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

yeah my use of standard mats would go down like a further 85% if it was added...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

In the past I've always just added an output map to the diffuse channel and cranked up the output to get the effect... it's not the same, but I dig it.

Shaun
          ShaunDon

Comment

Well to expand on this, might I suggest that the standard material's self illumination wouldn't generate light like it does at present, and then let the vray mat's self illum. do this, or vica versa. This is because I have had jobs where mixing self illuminated materials with straight forward GI lighting where the self illuminated object shouldn't generate light. (One of those strange situations clients requests puts one in). Any thoughts on this?
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

You could put the standard material in a vray wrapper and set the gi generate to zero
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

Wouldn't that stop it from contributing with normal light bounces? What I need is something that acts as a regular material, but looks self illuminated. Been stuck with either rendering out in a separate pass, or actually using scanline (shivers).
                Signing out,
                Christian

Comment

no, the fact is that we need it not to generate gi but to lighten windows with a special self illu. mask. it works with the standard mat, of course....but I NEED the vray mat for some reason. this is really a shame.

Comment

i think this thread should go ti the wishlist
                    Dmitry Vinnik
                    Silhouette Images Inc.
                    ShowReel:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

You could use a vray light material and wrap it with the mat wrapper and set to 0.. so then it still glows but no gi.
                      Natty
                      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

yes, but the vraylight material has no refl. slot.....you see. always a problem. the only option is that we must have a self illu. slot in the vray material. like the opacity slot.

to explain my problem in detail:

i have a facade of a skyscraper. in the diffuse slot i have the texture for the windows, in the reflection slot i have a special map for the reflections (just the windows must reflect). now i want to lighten just a few windows with a special self illumination map. all the rest of the diffuse map must stay dark but reflect. it´s not possible to do that with a vray material. it´s possible to do it with the standard material but there i have some problems with the vraymap in the reflection slot.

Comment

the vrayLightMtl as a map would be helpful, too....don´t know if that is possible at all.

Comment

So....this needs to be formulated in a cunning way in the wishlist section. Anyone up to the task?
                            Signing out,
                            Christian

Comment

Working...
                            X