Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White spots scattered across image?

Hey!

Does anyone know why I might be getting these white spots all over this image? I've noticed one of two spots appearing recently in some projects but this one is particularly bad. They're bloom-ing and glare-ing, and when I look at the original RGB you can see they are just clusters of 3 to 4 four completely white pixels.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Might be related to an IES or a Vraylightmtl, try checking with a different IES (or messing with the illumination settings, are they VrayIES or Max?) and/or disabling the lightmtl to see if they disappear. If this fails you can try messing with the clamp/subpixel mapping/max ray intensity.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

VRayLightMtl nested in Multi/SubObj material sometimes does that.
      Marcin Piotrowski
      youtube

Comment

There are no vraylightmtls in the scene and I'm not using any IES lights

Comment

is it bloom from one or two very hot pixels from a little noise perhaps?

Comment

can you post an example scene where this issue occurs? Could be shaders, or lights, or something else hard to say.
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Yeah that's what it seems like, but I don't know whats causing it, the image is not insanely noisy elsewhere, its just these random clusters of pixels. And its not in any one specific area or one specific material. Does anyone know if the "max ray intensity" has anything to do with this? Its set to the default- checked on and at 20.0. Also using vray next fyi.

Comment

Are all your materials Vray materials? Did you try scene converter just to be sure?
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                X