Stereo Cubemap Post Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Cubemap Post Processing

Does anyone have any tips on post processing 6x1 cubemaps? To a certain extent basic adjustments work (curves/levels) but visible seams becomes an issue. Is there a Photoshop plug-in or other 3rd party app that may help with this?

Hi Ryan, we are dealing with the post-production in After Effects. Mettle's skybox is part of cc, it is a great tool. On top of that we have our own AE plugin called Tesseract for stereoscopic post production. You can check an earlier version under this video from 25:00 It is in a closed bate phase but if you are interested I can share it with you.
    On the other hand to avoid the visible seams you just have to turn of the image filter. That causes the pixel leak from one square to another.

Comment

I've not tried it myself yet, but Affinity photo has a 360 panorama editing function that looks pretty good - but I'm not sure if cubemaps are supported (I've only seen people using equirectangular projections). It'd be worth a try, if nothing else.
      Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Attila Cselovszki View Post
        Hi Ryan, we are dealing with the post-production in After Effects. Mettle's skybox is part of cc, it is a great tool. On top of that we have our own AE plugin called Tesseract for stereoscopic post production. You can check an earlier version under this video from 25:00 It is in a closed bate phase but if you are interested I can share it with you.
        On the other hand to avoid the visible seams you just have to turn of the image filter. That causes the pixel leak from one square to another.
        Thanks Attila, I'll have to check out skybox -- I didn't think of using AE for post processing a still image. I would love to test out Tesseract if you are willing to share, I actually watched your presentation at CG2 when it was first uploaded on YouTube. Really great stuff as always, I'm a big admirer of Brick.

For image filtering I do have AA unchecked, are you referring to another filter? I've found that the raw renders are seamless but a lot of times if I push curves/levels too far the seams become visible.

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Working...
        X