Flash Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Photography

I have a client who is asking for flash photography real estate interiors. He doesn't want shadows. Well, doesn't flash create harsh shadows? I think he means softbox. I set up some plane lights, without shadows, reflection or specular, which seems to work fine. I know V-Ray has the Light Softbox Map, but I couldn't find much information on it. It would be nice to have some models that mimic real softboxes that you can bring into your scene. You could place them like a photographer would place them, only these wouldn't render. Siger had something, but I don't see it anymore. Is there anything like this? Oh yeah, this same client wants the sun behind the camera for the exteriors. I told him that everything he is requesting will make for flat images, but he is insisting.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

I purchased 4 and 5. I'll see how these work (https://3dsky.org/search?query=softbox). If they are not using the V-Ray Light Softbox I'll see if I can get that to work.

https://www.adorama.com/alc/0013275/...oft-Boxes-Work
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Ask for an example, A flash as you say is gonna make things look like a crime scene, all it is is a tiny area light - about an inch wide and a up the multiplier until it starts having an effect on the scene - could be in the tens of thousands for such a small size.

Comment

Just send him a diffuse render element of the scene.
        - Geoff

Comment

You know, I did and he sent these flat photos. I am rendering out a diffused pass, so I can flatten things out if needed. A low highlight burn (.30) also flattens things out pretty good.

Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

basically looks like any normal render with out the sun streaming in the windows. A large area light outside the windows will give the soft light wash and a few infill lights to highlight areas of interest. Nothing too difficult

Comment

Those are not renderings, just bad photos . I posted the images he wanted flat on the image gallery forum. I think I accomplished it.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

The challenge is when he comes back with a project there there's tiny windows but still wants an open airy look

Comment

The only types of light that a realty photography brings along are usually flashes, whether bounced off walls or ceilings, or diffused through a soft box to soften it up. So maybe they just meant the general concept of using artificial lights to brighten up the interior and even out shadows, as opposed to relying solely on natural light and existing fixtures?

In any case, the bright, even look of the reference photo is definitely helped with some heavy duty retouching, including what looks like a sky replacement. Next time, if you didn't already, you can always try just treating your render as a raw photo, and do some regular old retouching of your own. I used to do retouching for a realty photographer as a summer job, it was crazy how much I needed to push the photos to make my client happy.
                  __
                  https://surfaceimperfections.com/

Comment

Probably soft shadows will do the thing and then develop the render in Lightroom or capture one and brighten the shadows a. Lot, hdr style
                    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                    www.AddYourLight.com
                    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Working...
                    X