Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Mesh export

Hi there,

I'm regulary exporting geometry to vray proxies, in different locations.
    The Vray mesh exporter is making this quite difficult, certainly because you have to navigate to the folder location in this tree view each time.
    Is there any other way to export this geometry easier? Using a browse option where I can paste the path would be already helpfull.

Also I'm looking for a way to export groups as proxies.
    A) Is there a way to use the export all selected objects in single file option, but with keeping the pivot point
    B) Would be also very usefull if I could export multiple groups, so each group would be exported as one vrmesh, with the pivot point info of the group.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Pieter
    claar.be

Originally posted by pietervanstee View Post
    Is there any other way to export this geometry easier? Using a browse option where I can paste the path would be already helpfull.

Also I'm looking for a way to export groups as proxies.
    A) Is there a way to use the export all selected objects in single file option, but with keeping the pivot point
    B) Would be also very usefull if I could export multiple groups, so each group would be exported as one vrmesh, with the pivot point info of the group.
    Instead of clicking on the browse button, click on the path field, remove the current path and place the new one.

There is a way to export all selected objects into single or separated proxy files, those are the options immediately after the prosy esport path.
    Export to a single file option should use scene origin as a pivot point and export to separate files should use the pivot points of the exported objects.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi Svetlozar,

Thank you for your reply.
      I'll try your advice on question A, however I tried this before, by clicking browse (next to file) and settings the path there, but this doesn't seem to work cause the vrmesh file will still be created in de folder that's set above under folder...
      Secondly, I'm using both options to export multiple objects, but would be great to have an option to keep the pivot point.
      Pieter
      claar.be

Comment

The path file should operate exactly the same as the browse button. To make comfortable with it see how browse button work, select a few folders from your drive and see how path value chances, they try to input path value manually without the browse button.

Pivot point is preserved when objects are exported to separate meshes. If they are exported to a single proxy file it's not possible to preserve the pivot points because object may only have one pivot point, it's the same thing as attaching objects in 3dsMax. If you attach one object to another you no longer have two pivot points.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X