Where is the Instanciate option...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Instanciate option...

Way back when, you had to select an option under system to do Instance rendering. Then it went away, and now is back... any news as to where it is? Can't find it in the docs or the menu.

Enable dynamic in the VRay system rollout. That option is supposed to handle instanced geometry and VRayProxy too.
    Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
    Director

Chaos Group

Comment

I may be wrong here, I am speaking more from what I have noticed compared to what I know for sure.

But it seems to me that Instanciate is always active now. The scenes NEEDED instanciate to render in the past render now just as if it were checked. Also, by using the Dynamic option I can render even more geometry than before. So I am guessing that it is built in by default to handle instanced geometry efficiently.

Comment

thanks guys I will try it

Comment

In "Dynamic" geometry mode, VRay will handle instances in a very similar way to the old "Instantiate" option.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

is it me or is it a lot slower than the old instanciate option tho? ive not found one situation, since moving on from 1.09, where dynamic doesnt kill the rendertimes soo much, that its easier to render in 2 passes and comp afterwards.

this has been mentioned many times i think, but ive not seen a response from chaosgroup... is this something that will be addressed in future builds, or is that, as they say, just how it is..

(i could understand it taking a bit longer, but im talking about a scene that
            almost renders in static mode, but when you switch to dynamic, it will use less ram, sure, but the rendertimes (particularly irradiance calcs) take about 10x longer or somehting.

Comment

Working...
            X